Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gibbon

Re: Lyricator v1.3.4 (2017-3-26)

Post by gibbon »

I have a new problem since today.
If I mark some files for lyrics-search the lyricator will only get lyrics for the first 2 files.
Then the search seems to hang forever and nothing goes on.
I have to save and stop the search after 2 files and start the search again. Then the Lyricator processes these 2 files and hangs again and so on ...

The only thing that changed in my system:
I have updated Windows 10 to the creators update yesterday:
Version 1703
Build 15063.13

Edit:
Often the Lyricator processes 2 files but finds lyrics only for the the first file. A new search for this file (No. 1 in the row) finds lyrics then.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote:I have a new problem since today.
If I mark some files for lyrics-search the lyricator will only get lyrics for the first 2 files.
Then the search seems to hang forever and nothing goes on.
I have to save and stop the search after 2 files and start the search again. Then the Lyricator processes these 2 files and hangs again and so on ...

The only thing that changed in my system:
Version 1703
Build 15063.13

Edit:
Often the Lyricator processes 2 files but finds lyrics only for the the first file. A new search for this file (No. 1 in the row) finds lyrics then.
I'll have a look at that. Do you notice it happening with any particular lyric sites?
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote:I'll have a look at that. Do you notice it happening with any particular lyric sites?
No.
I have all sites activated and then the search stops at the third file with lyricsmode.
But if I deactivate lyrismode it stops with songcoleta.
And if I select only 1 site for the search it also stops at the third file.

One remark and I don't know whether it is important:
I use the portable version of Mediamonkey, at the moment version 4.4.5.1719.
thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.3.5 (2017-4-8)

Post by thehammer »

I have uploaded version 1.3.5. This removes sites that are no longer available and sites that I can no longer successfully parse lyrics from. This also hopefully fixes the issue where only a couple songs are processed before processing hangs.
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote:I have uploaded version 1.3.5. This removes sites that are no longer available and sites that I can no longer successfully parse lyrics from. This also hopefully fixes the issue where only a couple songs are processed before processing hangs.
I installed your new version of Lyricator to my existing portable Mediamonkey-installation: only 2 songs are processed.
I created a new portable installation with the newest Mediamonkey-version: still only 2 songs are processed.

Any idea?
Maybe later today or tomorrow I get time to test the behaviour in some other virtual machines and maybe test it in a regular installation (non-portable) too.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote:
thehammer wrote:I have uploaded version 1.3.5. This removes sites that are no longer available and sites that I can no longer successfully parse lyrics from. This also hopefully fixes the issue where only a couple songs are processed before processing hangs.
I installed your new version of Lyricator to my existing portable Mediamonkey-installation: only 2 songs are processed.
I created a new portable installation with the newest Mediamonkey-version: still only 2 songs are processed.

Any idea?
Maybe later today or tomorrow I get time to test the behaviour in some other virtual machines and maybe test it in a regular installation (non-portable) too.
I have never tried a portable installation, but I can't think why that should matter. If you have songs that you have processed in the past, you could try them again and see if you see the same issue. One other idea would be to disable all but one site that seems to work and see if you can process more than one song.
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: If you have songs that you have processed in the past, you could try them again and see if you see the same issue. One other idea would be to disable all but one site that seems to work and see if you can process more than one song.
It is not a problem with sites that work or do not work and it is also not a problem with the songs.

For all songs the lyrics are found. But I have to search for the lyrics piece by piece with maximal 2 songs.

It makes no difference if I enable only 1 search-site or mor or all.
Marking only up to 2 songs and searching for them always works if I chose more than 1 site.
Marking only up to 2 songs and searching on 1 site only does find lyrics for the first song.
Marking more than 2 songs and use more than 1 site searching hangs on the third song forever.
Marking more than 2 songs and use only 1 site searching does not find the second song and hangs on the third.

I am clueless because I never had any problems of this kind for years.
Maybe really the creators update has taken away some basement for the scripting language?
gibbon

Lyricator v1.3.5 (Incompatibility with W10 Creators Update)

Post by gibbon »

gibbon wrote: The only thing that changed in my system:
Version 1703
Build 15063.13
My described problems in the previous postings are definitely related to the new Windows 10 Update (Creators update).

As I could not be sure that my current system with the creators update has any other problems, I created 2 fresh virtual machines with vmplayer:

1. Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1511
There are no problems with Lyricator.

2. Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1703 (Creators Update)
The described problems with hanging and only processing two songs occur regularly.

It makes no difference whether it is an installed Mediamonkey or a portable Mediamonkey.

Any chance to get this problem fixed?
All users of Windows 10 will be more or less forced soon to update to the new windows version. So the Lyricator will not be functional any more for a lot of users.
TripleM

Re: Lyricator v1.3.5 (Incompatibility with W10 Creators Upda

Post by TripleM »

gibbon wrote:
gibbon wrote: The only thing that changed in my system:
Version 1703
Build 15063.13
My described problems in the previous postings are definitely related to the new Windows 10 Update (Creators update).

As I could not be sure that my current system with the creators update has any other problems, I created 2 fresh virtual machines with vmplayer:

1. Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1511
There are no problems with Lyricator.

2. Windows 10 64 Bit Version 1703 (Creators Update)
The described problems with hanging and only processing two songs occur regularly.

It makes no difference whether it is an installed Mediamonkey or a portable Mediamonkey.

Any chance to get this problem fixed?
All users of Windows 10 will be more or less forced soon to update to the new windows version. So the Lyricator will not be functional any more for a lot of users.
I'm having the same issues on W10 Creators Update and 64bit.
alb123

Post by alb123 »

I am so bummed out. A) I didn't even realize Microsoft put me on the Creators Update already. Grrrr and B) Lyricator doesn't work for me any longer. :( As soon as I try to search for lyrics a window flashes so quickly, the only thing I could tell is it says something about "Page can not be found", I'm fairly certain that's what it says. It's gone in the blink of an eye.

I recently lost my MM library & a sizeable portion of my music. I'm slowly getting my music library back together, but it can't grab any lyrics. I think I was able to get 1 song done out of 40 attempts. Maybe even more than 40. I am so, so bummed. :(
Peke

Post by Peke »

I completely feel for you one of PCs updated to 1703 and crashed :( I need to restore/backup data from HDD and then do a clean install now, a 2 day job :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gibbon

Re: Lyricator v1.3.5 (Incompatibility with W10 Creators Upda

Post by gibbon »

gibbon wrote:My described problems in the previous postings are definitely related to the new Windows 10 Update (Creators update).
Yesterday Microsoft released a cumulative update for Windows 10 - 1703 (Creators Update).
The update has the name KB4016240 (OS Build 15063.250).

I loaded it from Windows Update-Catalogue and installed it.
The problems with Lyricator are gone.

I don't know which of the listed fixes relate to the problem of lyricator but one of these must have been responsible for the problem:
https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/hel ... -kb4016240

I think Microsoft will distribute this update automatically. For those who cannot wait:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.co ... =kb4016240
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I can confirm gibbons post.
With latest WindowsUpdate it's working as supposed again! :D
gibbon

Re: Lyricator v1.3.2 (2014-12-20)

Post by gibbon »

gibbon wrote:
thehammer wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to get that into the next fix whenever I get the chance.
Thank you for the fix for Genius.
I already thought that the script for Genius is broken again, because I was looking for the lyrics of an album of "John K. Swanson", Genius with Lyricator gave no result but manually I could find all lyrics from this album on Genius.

The reason for this "not finding" seems to be the dot behind the "K" in "John K. Samson". Changing the name of the artist in "John K Samson" gave results.

It would be desirable if the script were able to avoid such failures as it varies the search in similar cases to get more results.
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

Since some days I get "Related" as a result from Metrolyrics if Metrolyrics has no lyrics for this song.
I think the script needs some changes to give no results for these cases again.