Page 18 of 18

Re: Lyricator v1.4.1 (2018-4-23)

Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:02 pm
by thehammer
It takes some JavaScript and VBScript knowledge, but a lot of that is copy, paste, and figure out what to change to add a new one. The most difficult part is figuring out how the new site URLs work and inspecting the page with browser developer tools to figure out how to extract the lyrics. I may be spending some time this weekend to put out a fix for Musixmatch. If you want to send me the site, maybe I can take a look and see if I can add it.

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:59 pm
by thehammer
Just put version 1.4.3 out there to fix Genius lyrics results that were getting leftover HTML junk in them.

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:44 am
by kncuk1969
With regards to this plugin, it would appear that both lyricsmode and lyricswiki have stopped finding lyrics, there were also a few others but putting https instead of http in the JS file sorted that out.

Now we know that lyricswiki changed to lyricsfandom but changing that detail in the JS file does nothing to improve things (so they have obviously changed something else)

I know that both the sites have the lyric as I looked on the corresponding sites (Duran Duran - Save a prayer) so not a new track as fandom have currently closed the site for new edits/songs, one other thing concerning the search for this song is that lyricator is doing it by single letter for both of these sites but complete words for the rest.

Now I presume that the code has not been changed for these two sites, as I have tagged lyrics from lyricsmode within the last year, but I have not checked any previous versions of the JS files.

kncuk1969

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:44 pm
by thehammer
kncuk1969 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:44 am
With regards to this plugin, it would appear that both lyricsmode and lyricswiki have stopped finding lyrics, there were also a few others but putting https instead of http in the JS file sorted that out.

Now we know that lyricswiki changed to lyricsfandom but changing that detail in the JS file does nothing to improve things (so they have obviously changed something else)

I know that both the sites have the lyric as I looked on the corresponding sites (Duran Duran - Save a prayer) so not a new track as fandom have currently closed the site for new edits/songs, one other thing concerning the search for this song is that lyricator is doing it by single letter for both of these sites but complete words for the rest.

Now I presume that the code has not been changed for these two sites, as I have tagged lyrics from lyricsmode within the last year, but I have not checked any previous versions of the JS files.

kncuk1969
Thanks for the information. Which sites need to change to https? I remember some of the sites had lyrics that were sorted by the first letter of song or artist, but would have to look at the code to see which ones. Maybe this weekend I can look at lyricsfandom and see what has changed and if I can support it.

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:53 am
by kncuk1969
thehammer

I have looked at version 1.4.1.1(Apr 2018, last version to work with lyricsmode) and current 1.4.3.1 offering, also this was when I first started to find that some of them had to have the s added to http.

The sites that need changing to https are:
lyricsmode.com
elyrics.net

PS.
I have looked at lyricsfandom again and realised I forgot :oops: to add the s when I changed it from lyricswiki so the code should read.
'https://lyrics.fandom.com/wiki/%artist%:%title%'

PPS
Having scoured both JS files other than the current changes for genius I can't see any other changes that would change the searching to single letter song searches (so for my example of save a prayer it meant it searched s,a,v,e,p,r,y, but only on certain sites)

kncuk1969

Re: Lyricator v1.4.3 (2019-06-09)

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 pm
by thehammer
kncuk1969 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:53 am
thehammer

I have looked at version 1.4.1.1(Apr 2018, last version to work with lyricsmode) and current 1.4.3.1 offering, also this was when I first started to find that some of them had to have the s added to http.

The sites that need changing to https are:
lyricsmode.com
elyrics.net

PS.
I have looked at lyricsfandom again and realised I forgot :oops: to add the s when I changed it from lyricswiki so the code should read.
'https://lyrics.fandom.com/wiki/%artist%:%title%'

PPS
Having scoured both JS files other than the current changes for genius I can't see any other changes that would change the searching to single letter song searches (so for my example of save a prayer it meant it searched s,a,v,e,p,r,y, but only on certain sites)

kncuk1969
Thanks for the info. I have updated those lyrics sites to https and updated the lyrics.fandom.com URL. I cannot reproduce what you are seeing with the Duran Duran song. My only suggestions would be to check your song title in the tag and MM library and/or maybe some the search option config for Lyricator like the delimiter array values.