Random Singles Needing Artwork

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

THRobinson

Random Singles Needing Artwork

Post by THRobinson »

Just looking to be pointed in the right direction...

I have a large library, and sorted most of it out, just down to the loose random stuff. I have a folder of about 2000 singles, using the 'earliest date' add-on, I found about 1600 of them and have them dated, the rest I stuck in another folder to deal with last.

I tried using the 'batch art finder' add-on, played with the settings and such and been trying it out on batches of about 30 random tracks, but never seems to find anything. I think because the files are just artist, title, date, genre and rating.

Is there a way to find album art based on just artist/title? not even too picky if the correct album... I expect there to be a big chunk of stuff at the end I'll have to design a generic album art cover for based on genre, but for some single that are more popular/famous I'm hoping to find something for. Not sure if 'batch art finder' will work, or if another add-on I should use.

Also... sort of unrelated. I notice when looking at tracks in windows media player my ratings don't show... is there a way to make my mediamonkey ratings the default ratings that appear in all programs? basically sync what I'm doing in mediamonkey to all tags?

Thanks
zuilserip

Re: Random Singles Needing Artwork

Post by zuilserip »

The way I handled this was to ensure all singles were associated with a specific album (even if that was the only song I had from that album). There are many tools out there (scripts and otherwise) to find out the album where a song was released. Once I had all song associated with an album/single then I used a script to find the art for that album (or did so manually for those the scripts could not handle).
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

Had hoped to avoid that... extra step of work that will take a long time to do.

Too bad the 'earliest date' add-on didn't also add the album info in... in almost every single case where it found the date it listed the album as well.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

THRobinson wrote:Had hoped to avoid that... extra step of work that will take a long time to do.

Too bad the 'earliest date' add-on didn't also add the album info in... in almost every single case where it found the date it listed the album as well.
The earliest date script will update the album name if you set the options to do so (requires Earliest Date version 4 or greater). By default it is off to avoid breaking album continuity for album collections. To enable updating the "Album" field using the earliest date script go to Tools -> Options -> Library -> Earliest Date and turn on the checkboxes for "Update Original Title Field...." and then the now enabled checkbox "Update Album Field....".

A reminder for others that selecting these options will break album continuity. So back up your database before using these options.
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

Nice... for the random pile of MP3s I have, they're all singles, no more than 2 from the same band. In their own folder so, won't touch the albums and such that I have done already.

Thanks for the info... this small folder of random files from years ago has been buggin' me, finally reinstalled MM so I could finish dealing with them. :D