Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

doane2u

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by doane2u »

dtsig wrote:Install using the msi installer then restart your computer .. it should work
MSI installer is the Windows installer, right? Hmm... not sure what you mean though, install what?
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Running MM with Win 10, Settings as follows
https://colinmcdphoto.smugmug.com/MISC/TEMP-2/i-zWZ5tFb

When I run the backup script, the script seems to work initially, creating an output path, a zip, then doing the playlists. When it starts to delete the old backups, I get this error
https://colinmcdphoto.smugmug.com/MISC/ ... -gNmPpZB/A.

When I next start the program I also get this error
https://colinmcdphoto.smugmug.com/MISC/TEMP-2/i-2rL3Qnv

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Sorry, can't get images to display
Last edited by bonalymac on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Sorry, images not working. Will check it out
Colin
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

bonalymac wrote:When I run the backup script, the script seems to work initially, creating an output path, a zip, then doing the playlists. When it starts to delete the old backups, I get this error https://colinmcdphoto.smugmug.com/MISC/ ... -gNmPpZB/A.
Start by unchecking "clean output path before backup".
If it works, you will likely just need to restart MM a couple of times to get rid of the startup error.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

dtsig wrote:Install using the msi installer then restart your computer .. it should work
doane2u wrote:MSI installer is the Windows installer, right? Hmm... not sure what you mean though, install what?
Do you mean just rename .mmip to .msi?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

I've tried
unchecking "clean output path before backup".
But no difference.

Thanks anyway
Colin
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

It's a process if you're willing:
Next, also uncheck "check db size 1mb" (something like that)
😜
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Thanks MMFRLife!

I'm more than happy to participate in a process. More to the point I appreciate that you are willing to participate in a process.

For info, I did manage to remove the error by unchecking the "Celete Old Backups - Keep 3 Output paths".

When that is removed, the script completes as expected and I get the Backup complete dialog. However, the script does not delete the excess archive files which are supposed to delete. (From memory, I believe this may be done on re-start or on next back-up, but neither seems to remove any archives.) So although the Backup dialog says it has completed, not everything has been done.

Also for info, I had completely un-installed MediaMonkey and therefore the plug-ins as well before re-installing all. I also keep the Database and Backups in a non-standard location on my D (Data drive) - but it has always been there and this back-up script has worked in the past.

Thanks very much for your help.
Colin
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Next, also uncheck "check db size 1mb"
Deleting that had no impact.
Colin
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yeah, this script is problematic in some ways. Without a manual and author committed to other things these days, here is what I've found:
1. Some choices actually do seem to naturally conflict with each other without there being a bug. Like telling it to overwrite previous backup but telling
it to also keep a certain number of files. In some cases you need to do one or the other.
2. What all the patterns of logic are I'm not certain. It's mostly been trial and error.

Solution:
1. Some of what people select is overkill, but if you are paranoid. I understand.
However, I find the less checked, the more likely it is to work.
2. My advice is to start by using the "PDoyle" string of posts above/pages back, here, to act as a general guide for testing some of the choices to check/uncheck
😜
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Excellent!

I've read that and I'll play with it in the morning.

Its Saturday night and I'd now like a glass of wine.

Thanks again

Colin
Colin
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

I don't really need for it to create an archive of the backup, so will just back up the files with the script, which is working fine the way it is. Thanks, everyone for the help. Really nice addition to MM
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

I have managed to get the backup system working as I need it.

Section 1 I have ticked
a, b, c, d, e, f, I

Section 2 I have ticked
a, c, d, f, h, k, l, m

That gives me more than adequate backup.

Thanks for the help
Colin
H08590

Error when exiting.

Post by H08590 »

Whenever I close MM, I get an error message.
Script: C:\Users\John Swanson\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\ABackup2vbs
Line: 65
Char: 7
Error: permission denied
Code: 800A0046
Scource: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

What is the error? Can I just delete the file?
johnbot

Post by johnbot »

For those receiving the following error on creating a backup:
Backup cancelled because output folder could not be created.
With me, the reason was:
The field "Output path" in the script's settings contained a non existing path (from a removed drive). As I did not check "Output path" because I only want to output an archive, I did not bother. But I found out, the Backup script still uses the field "Output path" as a temporary location to create the archive from - even if not checked! :roll:
So be sure to have a valid path in there or leave it blank. For the latter case, the script by itself will populate the field with your current TEMP path.
Hope this might help someone... :)