Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Meminski

Re: Auto Album DJ 3.4 [MM2+3]

Post by Meminski » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:51 am

Hi,

The script was working great! All of a sudden it died on me. It gives me an error #-2147418113 - File "C:\PROGRA~1\MEDIAM~1\Scripts\AutoAlbumDJ3.vbs", Line: 552, Column 8.

What does this mean? I know absolutely nothing about VB programming.

Thanks

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:27 am

I was getting a similar error like that on track change (possibly due to a crash or stray process). I went in the options and cleared the queued albums and it cleared it up.

Speak of the devil:

I just got this error on track change. I haven't done anything to reset the album queues. This is a fresh run that's been playing for about 4 hours. It did generate an error report which I sent. For what it's worth, I really think it would be nice if MM had a built-in auto album dj since I know several people who are album listeners. I personally love this script and use it almost exclusively when listening to music.

MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:13 am

All I'm doing is trying to write to the ini file, I've no idea what might cause this to fail! :-?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

rogerniner

Post by rogerniner » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:52 am

I keep getting the "album could not be selected" error screen, and I do have the 3.4 script installed for MM3. Any suggestions?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:26 am

Enable the debug mode and see what messages you are getting. Most likely one of your criteria needs to be less restrictive.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Achille Zavata

Post by Achille Zavata » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:08 pm

I have MMv3 gold.

i INSTALLED THE aa dj 3.4 BUT I DO NOT GET THE OPTION SWITCH ON/OFF IN THE SCRIPT TOOLS.
Also i cant find options to settle all different criteria.

thanks for help :roll: :-?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:59 am

In MM3 this is a proper AutoDJ script, so all the options appear in the AutoDJ section of the options.

Achille Zavata

Post by Achille Zavata » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:30 am

Sorry can not find the script in the menu????
:roll: :-?
thanks

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:07 am

It should appear in the "Add Track From:" dropdown list. Then when selected, extra options should appear just below. If this is not the case then the installation package must have failed in some way. Did it say it had installed successfully?

Achille Zavata

Post by Achille Zavata » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:39 pm

OK everything fine now
did not check the more buttons for option.
thanks again love ur script

blackjackfan

Post by blackjackfan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:02 am

Thank you so much for this script! I use shuffle a lot, but wanted to also listen to full albums again, so this was just what I was looking for.

Except for some reason it's not shuffling albums. It's simply populating the "Now Playing" list with exactly the track order in my full library. Even if I click the "New Album" button it simply skips tracks down my library until it reaches the next album in order and plays that. There's no randomization whatsoever. Is there some setting that I'm missing? :(

blackjackfan

Post by blackjackfan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:05 am

Whoops! I should probably note that I'm running MM 3.0.5.1187 and installed Auto Album DJ 3.4.

(Sorry for the double post, since I'm a guest I can't edit the previous one.)

Achille Zavata

Post by Achille Zavata » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi,
when I am running auto dj album, it shows in the play list only few song of the new album. Is there a way to have all the songs showed?
thanks

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 am

@blackjackfan - this script will only choose a new album when the now playing list is almost empty.

@Achille Zavata - no, this is just how the auto DJ functionality of MM works.

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:25 am

I am entierly new to scripts in mediamonkey, how do exactly I install this ? I copy and pasted it in a vbs file I put in the scripts/auto folder, but nothing is happening after a restart of mediamonkey. Did i forget something ?