Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Davo

Re: Auto Album DJ 3.5 [MM2+3]

Post by Davo »

Just installed 3.5 - Need help on a few things.

1. The "List" button is greyed out & can't be selected - How is this supposed to work?

2. There is an item under Tools - Scripts - " Auto Album DJ - Play a New Album" but nothing happens when you select it. Is this the new script to assign a hot key?

Regards
David

Post by trixmoto »

Well this confuses me because the "List" button is never greyed out for me and there's no code to do this. Yes, the menu item is a symptom of adding the option for the hotkey to be assigned to, but it should perform the say action as the toolbar button.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Davo

Post by Davo »

Strange but true unfortunately. I just reinstalled 3.5 & i'm getting the same problems. BTW is list meant to show me all my Genres so i can select the ones i wan't. I remember asking for this a while ago.

Regards
David

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, the button provides a list of all genres to select. You could try finding line 392...

Code: Select all

btn.Caption = "List"
...and adding an extra line to give...

Code: Select all

btn.Caption = "List"
btn.Common.Enabled = True
...but this should be the default anyway! :-?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Davo

Post by Davo »

I changed the script as you suggested but still not working which is a pity because i was looking forward to having this feature.

Regards
David

Post by trixmoto »

Can you please email me a screenshot of the options screen? What happens when you click on the "List" button exactly?
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Same for me with latest 3.5 version:

Also, genres I manually enter in the field, just disapear when getting back to this window.

Thanks
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, there's some weirdness going on with this button, although there's no code to do anything. Just going into the options again when you are playing tracks and in the now playing view.
Kevinino

Post by Kevinino »

MM2 version on your site is still 3.0.

Are there not going to be any more updates for MM2?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Nope, I'm not updating any of my scripts for MM2 anymore, sorry. This is mostly because many of the updates are using new functions only available in MM3.
rainbow2009

Post by rainbow2009 »

:D
Thanks to trixmoto's explanation
pret auto
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I've been having problems with songs repeating despite using Shuffle and Randomize List. What in my settings do I need to change to make the memory piece of this script work? I don't ever want to hear a song twice unless I manually choose to do so, or, until every song in my library has been played once. Right now that's all I care about. I tried to read thru the 23 pages in the forum so forgive me if I missed something. Please advise and thank you.

http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aadj.jpg
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well if you have albums that have not been played then you can use the "unplayed" option. However, once your albums have all been listened to there is nothing in this script to achieve this. There are options that can be used to reduce the likelihood ("minimum days since last played" and the memory) but to ensure that all albums are played before repeating any isn't really random in the sense of this script. To do that you would need to in one go randomise the list of albums and then play the list in order. This script picks a single random album when another is needed, by definition this randomness means that repeats are possible.
Benn

Post by Benn »

Thank you for including a hotkey in this great script. However, I am not sure how to implement it, trying to assign a key to Execute Script: AutoAlbumDJ has no effect and I don't see any other option.

Also (although this may not be new), I cannot seem to set minimum rating to 4.5 stars. All the tracks in my albums are rated the same (I rate albums as a whole, not individual tracks) but when I set the min. rating to 4.5, albums rated 4 stars still appear. Yet, setting the min. rating to 5 gives only 5 star albums.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, or just me being silly...

Thanks for any insight you can give. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well you can't execute the script, per se, as this script is an AutoDJ source and is therefore not executable by itself. However you should be able to select "Auto Album DJ - Play a new album" as a hotkey action. I'll check out the ratings boundaries in the next version, maybe my function is not accurate.