Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Benn

Re: Auto Album DJ 3.5 [MM2+3]

Post by Benn »

Okay, thank you. Don't spend too much time on it if no-one else has any issues, it's not that important! :) Found the hotkey command, I just didn't scroll down enough, my apologies.
mohikaani

Post by mohikaani »

I love this script and I use it all the time! However, it would be nifty if I could skip albums in advance. In other words skip albums that it adds to the now playing list. Could it be done?

It would also be great if it could add the album as a whole, not just 10 songs of it. If it isn't possible, can you increase the number of songs (10+)?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I agree that skipping the selected album would be useful, I've added this to my list.

The way these script works is that it just returns a track to the native Auto DJ functionality whenever it asks for one. This script does not add tracks to the Now Playing list directly, nor should it, as an Auto DJ script. You can change the number 10 in the Auto DJ settings if you want to make it larger.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

I have just read through this thread, and it doesn't seem as though there is a way to ask the AutoAlbum DJ to stay within a genre when selecting albums. I know I can set up my included genres in the options panel, but I can't, say, enable the DJ, play a Classical album, and have all subsequent selections stay within Classical (unless I change the options each time I change genres)? Is this correct?

Either way, it is another awesome Trixmoto script.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, this is correct. Maybe the StayInSameStyleDJ script is more what you're after?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

trixmoto wrote:Thanks, this is correct. Maybe the StayInSameStyleDJ script is more what you're after?
Thanks, Trixmoto. I'll keep your script running at home and StayInSamestyleDJ at work - see which works best for me. I see you had input on that script as well, so it may do the job.
FEB

Post by FEB »

I still get an error message running this script.

Error -2147 in AutoAlbumDJ3.vbs, line 612, column 8. The line in question seems to be

Dim list : Set list = SDB.Objects("AADJSongList")

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? MM3.1, Win 7...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well by my calculation line 612 is...

Code: Select all

Call list.Add(iter.Item)
My guess would be that "iter.Item" is blank and that's causing the problem. Try replacing that single line of code with these three lines...

If Not (iter.EOF) Then
  Call list.Add(iter.Item)
End If
...and see if that works?
FEB

Post by FEB »

trixmoto wrote:Well by my calculation line 612 is...

Call list.Add(iter.Item)
My guess would be that "iter.Item" is blank and that's causing the problem. Try replacing that single line of code with these three lines...

If Not (iter.EOF) Then
  Call list.Add(iter.Item)
End If
...and see if that works?
Cheers for the reply. No, I now get error

Error 424 VBRuntime Error
Object required 'Generate New Track'
Line 632, Column 6
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think you need to open "MediaMonkey.ini" in a text editor, find the [AutoAlbumDJ] section and delete the "SongList" key and value. You have IDs in this list which do not appear in your database and this is causing the problem. I'll try to make the next version of the script handle this properly.
FEB

Post by FEB »

trixmoto wrote:I think you need to open "MediaMonkey.ini" in a text editor, find the [AutoAlbumDJ] section and delete the "SongList" key and value. You have IDs in this list which do not appear in your database and this is causing the problem. I'll try to make the next version of the script handle this properly.
Tried that but got the exact same error (Generate new track, line 632, col 6).

No problem, I'll wait for the new super-duper one!
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

I have a minor issue. I have say, jazz, selected as my genre in options. I select the first jazz album to play. The next album (the first album that Auto Album DJ selects after my selection) is classical. From then on, it selects only jazz. Just me?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've never experienced this - are you using a genre or library filter?
Desertway

Post by Desertway »

trixmoto wrote:I've never experienced this - are you using a genre or library filter?
A genre from the list in options.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Desertway wrote:A genre from the list in options.
I'm sorry, what does this mean?