Auto Album DJ 3.8 - Updated 08/08/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Anubis

Post by Anubis »

baker wrote:How about the possibility of playing only 3 star or better tracks on the album?
Ummm, but then it wouldn't be an album?
You can probably do that with the existing auto-dj functionality and auto-playlist anyway.
derongi

Post by derongi »

Baker

I like your idea. If Trixmoto thinks it's workable, then it would be worth considering.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Dam, I feel like I'm asking for too much, but baker's idea would be really cool.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think it defeats the point of the script. The idea is that it is for people (like me) who like listening to whole albums. I suppose the option to only select some of the album could be added. But it won't be for a while because I'm working on other scripts at the moment.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
derongi

Post by derongi »

No worries, Trixmoto. Thanks for commenting.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.4) allows the user to set a minimum rating for each track added. Default is -1 (so even unrated will be added!)

N.B. This new filter is applied when counting tracks, so if you set MinRating to 4 and MinTracks to 5 and you only have 4 tracks rated 4 or above in the album, then this album will not be included. It has to be done this way else you could end up with an album with enough tracks, but then none would be added because the ratings were not high enough.

Now the script runs when you switch it on, so if you switch it on with an empty now playing list, or whilst the last song is playing then the script will work it's magic!

Also there is a memory feature so it remembers the albums it has played and ensures it does not play one of these again. The capacity is used to set how many albums to remember (default = 10).

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Thanks trixmoto.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Great work trixmoto. Will add ALL of your script to my MediaMonkey page at diskusjon.no. Reason why is that you have made installers to all of your script and I think that's very important to let other people use your scripts.

The only thing you must promise me is that you keep making the great scripts to MediaMonkey.

To the other coders: Maybe we can have a collection with all the scripts WITH installer? Then I could link to them also.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I couldn't find your mediamonkey page there. Not being able to speak Norwegian was probably holding me back! :)

Could you post a link?
Morten

Post by Morten »

Abel

Post by Abel »

I am trying AutoAlbumDJ for the first time. I installed it from the installer on your webpage, but when I turn it on it causes my MediaMonkey to hang when it reaches the end of the current playlist (when it's supposed to add the new album to the list). Any hints on how I can find out what's causing it to hang.

MM 2.5.2, AutoAlbumDJ 1.4, about 9500 MP3 files in the library.

Abel
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you have a look in the Scripts.ini file and see if under the [Scripts] key there is an entry called "AutoAlbumDJMemory"?
Abel

Post by Abel »

Hi, I'll check for sure tonight (didn't bring the laptop with me to work today). I didn't add it myself, but the installer may have added it.

I'll let you know asap.

EDIT: One other thing I noticed is that in addition to using all the CPU it also keeps increasing the memory use while it's hanging.

Abel
Abel

Post by Abel »

I check scripts.ini and there is no section called [scripts]. But if I check your autoalbumDJ script I would expect that section in MediaMonkey.ini instead, so I checked there. The section is there and it contains the AutoAlbumDJOn setting, but no AutoAlbumDJMemory setting.

Abel
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ooops, sorry. I meant MediaMonkey.ini :oops:

I'll have a look and see if I can figure out what's going wrong.