Milkdrop 2 MediaMonkey Port

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Meander

Re: Milkdrop 2 MediaMonkey Port

Post by Meander »

UPDATE

I do have the C runtime library, but nevertheless the static vis_milk2 is now seen by MM.

New problem though:

Now getting an alert that d3dx9_31.dll is missing or corrupted and is required to run. Again it's all there in win 8.1 - a check in dxdiag shows support for all iterations from 9.1 all the way through to 11.1 and no problems.

Furthermore, I have various installations of other applications that require DX9 and they all run fine. Next step?
Meander

Post by Meander »

UPDATE 2

She Lives on Windows 8.1 :D

For reference, the url given in the Directx warning is incorrect. You'll need:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35

This is Microsoft's web installer and will fully update you with all dx optionals (in my case 98MB).

Well done, Matt, and thanks for making this available for MediaMonkey. So far, no discernable bugs after about 30 minutes runtime from stock settings. All keyboard shortcuts working well. Will check things in more detail for you when able. Looking good.
Meander

Post by Meander »

Bug with Vishelper from 'fake' fullscreen (as reported by Stigg) confirmed in Win 8.1
mstrange

Post by mstrange »

Meander wrote:UPDATE 2

She Lives on Windows 8.1 :D

For reference, the url given in the Directx warning is incorrect. You'll need:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35
Awesome! Thanks for following through on this. I will recompile as a static binary and update the MMIP with it. There's only one URL in the code that I can see, and it should pop a box that looks like this:

That's the URL you were using, did you get an error message from DirectX itself with a different one?
Meander

Post by Meander »

Mea culpa.

Apologies.
Last edited by Meander on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auralarch

Post by auralarch »

HI! Thank you so much for you assistance!

It didn't occur to me to mention that I had already tried to install other visualizations as a test and found that they installed successfully with no issues…

In any case I can tell you definitively that the problem was the missing visual studio run-time libraries. As soon as I installed the latest redistributable libraries and launched MM the MD2 plugin had appeared as expected.

Thank you again for helping me troubleshoot my issue and providing the working solution! I can't wait to started with MD2 again- I've missed all my fav presets!
mstrange

Post by mstrange »

Thanks for your assistance everyone.
I have submitted the 2.25.3.2 package which fixes both the external DLL dependency and the VisOut bug.

Here is the MMIP file of the new version: https://cdn.rawgit.com/mstrange86/milkd ... mport.mmip

Let me know if you have any further issues.
auralarch

Post by auralarch »

That's fantastic! Thank you!!!
wytch_weigh

Post by wytch_weigh »

Hi

I've been using this brilliant port without problems in MediaMonkey version 4.16 for some time now. I've updated to version 4.18 of the main program and now I can only use the console elements in VJ mode. Attempting keyboard shortcuts integrated with the visualisation causes a freeze/crash in Milkdrop images. The native version of Milkdrop v1.04 doesn't have this problem. Anything I can do?

Specs: Windows 8.1
i5 haswell refresh processor
Integrated HD 4600 graphics with latest drivers
wytch_weigh

Post by wytch_weigh »

Can someone at MediaMonkey please comment on this. VisHelper.exe appears to have been modified by you and is probably the reason why the plugin is faulting when the vis and console windows are merged. Does the plugin need an update to function properly?
wytch_weigh

Milkdrop 2

Post by wytch_weigh »

A request to fully integrate Milkdrop 2 natively into MediaMonkey.

I'm aware of http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/print ... g_id=12119

Thank you.
wytch_weigh

Post by wytch_weigh »

What's that about? It was a civil request. What's your problem?
mstrange

Post by mstrange »

wytch_weigh wrote:What's that about? It was a civil request. What's your problem?
Forum didn't send me an email for some reason so I only saw this now.
I tried to repro this bug with 4.1.8 on Windows 8.1 and I am not seeing any issues with the keyboard controls in either native or VJ mode.
Can you give a more explicit set of steps to reproduce the error on your side? Either I am misunderstanding your problem or the issue is specific to your configuration or system.
wytch_weigh

Post by wytch_weigh »

mstrange,

First, apologies for taking so long to respond as I've only just gotten the time to troubleshoot this and see your reply. Second, my previous comment was directed at someone else (who duly deleted their post). So please don't take offence.

It was a system issue. I finally tracked down the instability to an updated Intel VGA driver (10.18.14.4206) where, it surfaces, there are one or two known bugs. The Motherboard Manufacturer is yet to release the latest generically available driver, so I've rolled back to the previous one (10.18.10.3920) and all is now well again.

TY
mstrange

Post by mstrange »

wytch_weigh wrote:mstrange,

First, apologies for taking so long to respond as I've only just gotten the time to troubleshoot this and see your reply. Second, my previous comment was directed at someone else (who duly deleted their post). So please don't take offence.

It was a system issue. I finally tracked down the instability to an updated Intel VGA driver (10.18.14.4206) where, it surfaces, there are one or two known bugs. The Motherboard Manufacturer is yet to release the latest generically available driver, so I've rolled back to the previous one (10.18.10.3920) and all is now well again.

TY
No problem, thanks for the update.