Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

eMachine

Re: Advanced Report 5.6 - Updated 03/05/2010

Post by eMachine »

Looks cool- do I simply replace this CSS code with the default in the "edit CSS" window?
eMachine

Post by eMachine »

And one more question- is it possible to paginate the report, or some other strategy to reduce the raw size of the report? I have 150000 tracks and lots of albums, and it takes a long time to load the HTML in my browser.....
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

eMachine wrote:Looks cool- do I simply replace this CSS code with the default in the "edit CSS" window?
I'm sure there is more than one way to do it, but I would copy the entire content of the CSS code I posted, and paste it over any existing code in your CSS.
eMachine wrote:And one more question- is it possible to paginate the report, or some other strategy to reduce the raw size of the report? I have 150000 tracks and lots of albums, and it takes a long time to load the HTML in my browser.....
I find that Split Top Mode is much more manageable than Single File Mode for large music collections.

And check out my tip for sending out links to your music library catalog to interested people. It is one of the best uses I have found for Advanced Report. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p256105

I hope that helps.
--
The gpzbc
B.B

Post by B.B »

Big Isch wrote:I too had the problem with installing
- I started MM as Admin
- installed Advanced Report - everything looked OK
- But AdvancedReport did not show up in: File > Create Reports > Advanced Report

After copying the following to Scripts.ini, becauser tehre was no entry for AdvancedReport, everything went fine

Code: Select all

[AdvancedReport]
Filename=AdvancedReport.vbs
Procname=AdvancedReport
Order=22
DisplayName=Advanced Report
Description=Create an advanced html report
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=1

kind regards
big isch
Running Windows 7, MM as admin, had the same problem.

This did the trick

Thanks
------
B.B.Lauritzen
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

gpzbc wrote:There is one small thing I have noticed with the "all(split)" mode.
Using my previous example of Bob Dylan... I have a few mixed artist (compilation) albums where the album artist is labeled as "Various Artists." Bob Dylan is listed as an artist on one of the tracks of that compilation. That compilation album shows up under the Bob Dylan heading, as expected. However, I have noticed that artists on a compilation album will only show up under the artist headings if they already have a full album listed. So in this example, the compilation album with Bob Dylan as an artist on one track of that album, shows up under Bob Dylan's name. However, Hank Williams also has a track on that same compilation album, but there is no Artist listing for Hank Williams. The only way I can see his song is to click on the Various Artist heading. Does that make sense?
I've been having a look at this and this is the behaviour I would expect if you have the "Only include album artists" option ticked, but not if you don't. Can you confirm this at all?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Ok, yes. You are correct. I unticked "Only Include Album Artist" and now I am seeing the behavior I expected to see.
Whoops. :oops:
Thanks for looking into this for me.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Re: Advanced Report 5.7 - Updated 09/07/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.7) is available to download from my website. I have added the <Lyrics> field to the track masks.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks! :D
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I'm experiencing something odd since updating to v. 5.7. Now that I have updated, all of my tracks are listed twice within each album. And I haven't changed any settings since updating to the newest version. I even tried clearing out the previous version of my report since I thought there might be some sort of remnants left behind. Then I ran an entirely new report, and still had the double tracks.
Here is a screenshot.
Can anyone else confirm this behavior since upgrading to version 5.7?
Thanks.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can't replicate this, nor did I change anything in the script to do with which tracks are selected, etc. Are you sure you don't have duplicate tracks in your library?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Yes I am sure I don't have double songs for every track in my library. Advanced report is generating doubles for every track in my library, not just this album. And I have never observed this until recently.
Hmmm... that's weird.

EDIT:
The only thing is that I recently unticked "Include only album artist" in the options, and then ran a report. I didn't care for my results, so I checked the box again and re-ran the report. I suspected that might have left remnants behind, so that is why I recently ran it again after deleting all of the files of the previous reports. But I am still getting the same double results.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I can't replicate this. Is anyone else suffering from the same?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I did a bit more sleuthing, and the duplication of all my tracks definitely occurred immediately after I upgraded to version 5.7. I keep my music library report in my Dropbox and it showed me the precise time of day that the files were modified. And it was right after I downloaded the updated version and installed it.

I'm anxious to hear if anyone else is experiencing this behavior.
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you please try 5.6 again and see if that fixes the problem?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Yeah, I will try 5.6 later tonight.
Do I need to uninstall 5.7, or can I simply install 5.6 over 5.7?
--
The gpzbc