Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Advanced Report 5.5 - Updated 09/02/2010

Post by gpzbc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:50 am

Well, I continued to play with the css since posting my questions, and I figured out my first question.
I was able to force the album descriptions to stay within a certain boundary by setting the album padding to 45 px. It looks good now!

But I still haven't figured out my second question: How to put a larger space in between the track title and the artist name so that the track title does run right up against the artist name?
Who knows, give me another hour or two and I might figure that one out too! :lol:
Thanks!
--
The gpzbc

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:28 am

I was going to suggest CSS for both. For the second you should be able to use something like...

Code: Select all

div.tracks th, div.tracks td {
  padding-left: 5px;
  padding-right: 5px;
}
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 am

I bumped up the padding a bit for my tastes, but that worked perfect! Thank you.
I'm loving this script. :D
--
The gpzbc

billrigsby

Post by billrigsby » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:27 pm

trixmoto wrote:Yes, click the "Edit CSS" button and then edit the stylesheet.

A (top)
Aaron Tippin
ABBA
AC-DC
Ace of Base
Aerosmith
Air Supply
Al Di Meola
Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Paco de Lucía
Al Green
Al Stewart
Alan Parsons Project
Alan Watts
Alanis Morissette
Alice Cooper
Alice In Chains
Alison Krauss
All-4-One
The Allman Brothers Band
Alpha Blondie
America
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe
Andreas Vollenweider
Andrew Weil MD
Andy Gibb
Angela Ammons

Where in the CSS would you find and change the font for the above artists listed under the "A" heading?

Bill

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:31 pm

A little trial and error helped me find everything, but I believe you can change the color of the font by changing the color code under the "a, a:visited {" heading."
But I'm not sure if you can specify a certain font style for certain sections.
Last edited by gpzbc on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc

billrigsby

Post by billrigsby » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Thats what I was thinking, could not find a way to change this font.

Bill

JustDerek

Post by JustDerek » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 pm

gpzbc wrote:I'm really enjoying this script, but I'm wondering if I can make a request for the next version. Can you add an option to show the "Original Year" as well as the "Year"? I'm not talking about in the album mask or in the track mask, but rather the option to show it in the song list. Similar to the way that you currently have the option to show the genre and the year.
Thanks so much for your scripting work.
trixmoto wrote:I assume you mean the list of years at the top of the album/artist? Do you want it included in the current list, or as a separate list?
I also have something that I'm hoping to be able to do regarding the "Year" field for tracks; however, it's a little different than what gpzbc is shooting for, and I'm wondering if it's even possible. To explain:

What I'm trying to organize into a nice list is a few hundred downloaded episodes of a podcast - a podcast that has five episodes each week. Each podcast episode is one track, and in the properties for these tracks the "Date" field contains the complete date in M/D/YYYY format, e.g., "2/17/2010" (slashes included... maybe there's a script that I could use to exclude them if necessary?).

It's important to have the exact date for these podcast episodes because that's how they are easily searchable on the show's website. Since your script is set up with an eye toward cataloging music collections, when I run the report it naturally just outputs the four-digit <Year>, leaving out the month and day.

I may be the only person with this particular issue, so if the solution would mean a ton of work for you I'd certainly understand if you didn't think it was worth it. If that is the case, maybe you could just kind of... point me in the right direction? I don't have any VBS knowledge, but I've been known to let my unfamiliarity with a given kind of coding stop me from fiddling with it anyway.

Shutting up now. Except to say, great work on this script--it's tremendously useful.
DEREK
"Pretty much OK since 2007"

cheekandbluster.com

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:23 pm

You mean you want a new track mask (something like <Date>) which outputs the full date? Yeah, no worries, I'll put it in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

JustDerek

Post by JustDerek » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Excellent! Thanks very much!
DEREK
"Pretty much OK since 2007"

cheekandbluster.com

tobinu

Post by tobinu » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 pm

OK I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I Install the script with no problems but it's not listed under File>Create Reports. AdvancedReport 5.5 shows up as installed under my list of Extensions. I tried Uninstalling it and reinstalling and restarting MM.

Any suggestions?

I just discovered a similar recent post and created the entry in my scripts.ini. It works now. Not sure why the installer didn't do it though.

Brunay

Post by Brunay » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 pm

I had an installation problem with version 5.5 as well. It said it installed correctly, and it showed up under Extensions as being installed, but it was not on the File | Create Reports menu.

I uninstalled version 5.5, and installed version 5.4. Version 5.4 showed up on the Create Reports menu. I then installed version 5.5, and it worked! Version 5.5 is available via the Create Reports menu.

It doesn't appear to be a permissions issue, but maybe something with the install program.

thanks for a great script! I'm loving it!

billrigsby

Post by billrigsby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:23 am

How would you tell the script to force the album title to be the same width as the album image,
some album titles are looooong and if you could put the title on 2 or even 3 lines to keep it the same width?

Bill

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 am

Your answer lies in one of my posts at the top of the page. You have to edit the css - specifically the album padding.
gpzbc wrote:Well, I continued to play with the css since posting my questions, and I figured out my first question.
I was able to force the album descriptions to stay within a certain boundary by setting the album padding to 45 px. It looks good now!
Hopefully that helps, but post back if not.
Good luck!
--
The gpzbc

billrigsby

Post by billrigsby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 am

I saw and tried that, it helped but....
for example.... The first two album titles print like this

Nothing Like the
Sun

Ten Summoner's
Tales

and looks great, but the next one is like this and throws off the spacing for the following one ( I have 4 per row)

Fields of Gold: The Best of Sting 1984-

I have also tried 3 and 5 per row and no difference?

Bill

billrigsby

Post by billrigsby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:07 pm

gpzbc wrote:Your answer lies in one of my posts at the top of the page. You have to edit the css - specifically the album padding.
gpzbc wrote:Well, I continued to play with the css since posting my questions, and I figured out my first question.
Hopefully that helps, but post back if not.
Good luck!

Right you are, play with it long enough and it gets you there,
I bumped up th art size to a fixed width of 300 and changed the following from 98% to 45%
.album p {
text-align: left;
width: 45%;

Now its perfect.

Bill