ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

keiju

Post by keiju »

I just downloaded the 1.25 beta version (first time i install ScrobblerDJ) and im getting errors one after another:

Everytime a play a song -> Error # 13 (scrobblerDJ.vbs, line 18, column 3) + "Cbool" doesnt match

When i hit the ScrobblerDJ button -> Error 438, The object doesnt accept this property or method: "SDB.Player.isAutoDJ" (ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs, line 316, column 6)

When i go to ScrobblerDJ config in MM Options -> Error 438 , The object doesnt accept this property or method: "edt.Autosize" (ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs, line 44, column 2)

Sorry if any error i typed seems weird but i get them in spanish so i translate them to english.

I think i must have missed something important (and surely stupid) ¿can you help?

Thanks in advance

PD: ¿to uninstall it (while waiting a solution) is enough to delete the files?
tim

Post by tim »

i'm having quite a small but annoying problem:

sigur rós have an album on which every track is untitled. i'm not sure what exactly is going on but it seems audioscrobbler will recommend one of these untitled tracks, but because there's 8 of them in my database with an identical name (i.e. nothing) something seems to go wrong and none of them are added to the now playing. this means playing will stop after the last song which is a bit annoying if i just have it on in the background

so there might need to be some kind of duplicate track fix, if indeed that is the source of the error? great work though, hope that helps
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Pys, I don't recall this being commented before, but would not be much easier to define a specific (auto) playlist to chose from (instead of the entire library) than it would be to try to incorporate numerous amount of restrictions?

This would place the burden of restricting/allowing of tracks on the playlist rather than scrobbler DJ.

Basically then, you could set the 'default' playlist to 'accessible' tracks, then allow one (or more if its easy) auto-playlist with whatever restrictions/allowances the user wants.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Had a half dozen times today where scrobbler DJ failed to enqueue the next song.

The few times I've caught it doing it, the status message was something "New track < artistname - > was sucessfully added"

but the track name was missing and nothing was enqueued.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Judas: The Cint problems occur because some settings are not inside the MediaMonkey.ini by default. A workaround will be to go inside scrooblerDj options and set all options for one time (meaning enable all the possible checkboxs, exit options and then reenter options and disable them). This will write all the values inside Mediamonkey.ini.

Keiju: You need to download latest version of MM for ScrobblerDJ to work as it should.

Tim: i am not sure i understand what you mean, a more detailed explanation of your problem might help...

Teknojky: Not sure what the problem is, i will check it again to see what is wrong. As for your recomendation, this is something that we have allready examined, but there is a big con: not every user has the gold version and so not every user can have AutoPlaylists. So, the only sollution is to let Scrobbler do the dirty Job...

Post by Guest »

keiju wrote:I just downloaded the 1.25 beta version (first time i install ScrobblerDJ) and im getting errors one after another:

Everytime a play a song -> Error # 13 (scrobblerDJ.vbs, line 18, column 3) + "Cbool" doesnt match

When i hit the ScrobblerDJ button -> Error 438, The object doesnt accept this property or method: "SDB.Player.isAutoDJ" (ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs, line 316, column 6)

When i go to ScrobblerDJ config in MM Options -> Error 438 , The object doesnt accept this property or method: "edt.Autosize" (ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs, line 44, column 2)

Sorry if any error i typed seems weird but i get them in spanish so i translate them to english.

I think i must have missed something important (and surely stupid) ¿can you help?

Thanks in advance

PD: ¿to uninstall it (while waiting a solution) is enough to delete the files?
Go to the options dialog and enable the tick next to "Include Unknown Rating", helped for me.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

psyxonova wrote:but there is a big con: not every user has the gold version and so not every user can have AutoPlaylists. So, the only sollution is to let Scrobbler do the dirty Job...
Makes for a super reason to get monkey gold, eh?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Several changes will occure in MM 2.6 regarding handling of Cint and Cbool that will hopefully fix problems like that.
So stayed tuned.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
smoooth

Post by smoooth »

Teknojnky wrote:Pys, I don't recall this being commented before, but would not be much easier to define a specific (auto) playlist to chose from (instead of the entire library) than it would be to try to incorporate numerous amount of restrictions?

This would place the burden of restricting/allowing of tracks on the playlist rather than scrobbler DJ.

Basically then, you could set the 'default' playlist to 'accessible' tracks, then allow one (or more if its easy) auto-playlist with whatever restrictions/allowances the user wants.
One problem with this is the auto playlist feature doesnt let you set a rating requirement AND allow unrated songs. You can have >= or <= but you can't have >= 3 with unrated song. If only they would add the does not equal criteria to rating...
keiju

Post by keiju »

psyxonova wrote: Keiju: You need to download latest version of MM for ScrobblerDJ to work as it should.
I´m embarrased :oops: I was "Sure" i´ve got last MM version (doh!)
Thanks for your help (and time wasted)
tim

Post by tim »

Tim: i am not sure i understand what you mean, a more detailed explanation of your problem might help...
basically every now and then scrobblerDJ will just not enqueue a song, and playing will stop.

i think this is because some of the tracks in my collection have the same artist, album and track name, or at least that's when i've noticed it happening
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I've had the same/similar problem, scrobblerdj status shows that it successfully added the next track, but no track is enqued.

Every time I have noticed the problem happening, the status is showing the artist but the track name is missing.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Hmm, indeed it seems to be a bug somewhere. I will check this out deeper. The info you provided about empty titles could be of great help....

Thanks again
larryni

Post by larryni »

Great script :)

I have the same problem with some tracks not being added. One band it happens with every time without fail is AC/DC. And when an AC/DC track is playing the script doesn't seem to be able to locate AC/DC on last.fm either and just adds a track from my default playlist. Could it be a problem with certain characters within the tags?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Teknojnky wrote:I've had the same/similar problem, scrobblerdj status shows that it successfully added the next track, but no track is enqued.

Every time I have noticed the problem happening, the status is showing the artist but the track name is missing.
Exactly the same problem for me.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts