ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Post by Guest »

psyxonova wrote:Seems like an internet connection problem to me 2....
The only way for the dictionary to be empty is if there is no connection with the internet or if the Artist is a rare one.
Poop.

Do you know what port is being used? I could check my router settings.
*BERT*

Post by *BERT* »

Yay, thanks for the headsup.

I did a little search on the rest of the forum to look for ports and came up with the fact that MM also uses IE settings. Checked these. Turned MM back on and the script now works.

I don't think i even changed anything! Wierd.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I just wanted to say, that this is really the best script I've ever seen. I love it! :D

Big_Berny

PS: Waiting for the offline version with playlist-creation! :) (for my ipod)
PPS: For me it's a little bit (a very little bit :wink:) "annoying", that the songs has to be at the end of the playlist. Would be cool, if that could be changed in the optionsheet!
mahoney

Post by mahoney »

Hello,
this plug-in is very nice, i love it.
But i miss a feature.
A smal tip window if scrobblerdj founds more than one possible song.
I mean a small popup window at the mediamonkey logo in the taskmanager.
It could show a smal list of possible songs and give me some seconds to select one, or scrobblerdj does that.
confyoosed

some ideas

Post by confyoosed »

Like I said before, this is a value-added script for MM. It's something I mention to people when I'm recommending MM as a player. Kudos to all who have helped make this better.

Auto-Playlist Generation - Rapid Population of the Now Playing List

Forgive me for the generalization about the design below; I have not yet looked at the code, but when I have some free time, I hope to do so.

I've been thinking about this auto build playlist idea we've been knocking around. Here are some thoughts on cool features it can do. Basically, the way I see it, it's just doing the lookup and putting this in a loop based with a few more variables.

First variable would be how many songs to put in the list. Which is just how many times to loop.

Second would be artist restrictions, some settings I anticipate being useful are: all one artist, no same artist per X tracks

Third might actually just be an assumed constant, no same track, so no var needed.

These allow scenarios like:
-build me a list of the top ten, top 15, top whatever of said artist.
-make me a random playlist based on this seed of 100 songs, 200 songs, 1000 songs

Naturally, the behavior of the lookups will be the same as real-time ScrobblerDJ; that is to say when a song can't be found from the internet, one from the default playlist is added and is used as the next seed.

Other Ideas for ScrobblerDJ

Restriction Options:

-Be able to build a list of "don't play" artists. This is helpful if you get tired of hearing some highly rated artist frequently.

-No same track per time limit setting. I think you are actually already working on this one.

-Possibly genre restrictions? Can we make it so that if the artist hits aren't in the same genre (based on tags?) then we try the next related artist instead.
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

Hi

As a newbie here can somebody help me out with this csript. Its taken me ages sorting thru 17 pages to find the latest download (or at least I think it is) and still when I run it I cant see what it is doing or how I am supposed to make it work. There appears to be no help file anywhere.

I checked the appropriate boxes for scrobblerdj in MM options menu and see the icon on the tollbar abou LastFM but Im not sure what I should do with it. Do I click on it to make it red crossed or what? When I play a mp3 in the now playing window nothing happens after it has finished. I expected this scrobblerdj to find and add another mp3 to play but it doesnt. The associated playlist in the options menu is l;isted as Favourite 50 recently played. Do I have to listen to all of these (that I have recently played anyway? before scrobbler dj adds another to the list??

I dont get it Im afraid. I cant see anything working . Any help would be very much appreciated .
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Scrobbler DJ add's 1 track to the END of the now playing list when it gets to the last current song.

So, this means you either clear the now playing list and play 1 track, which then will enqueue the next track by scrobbler DJ, or let your current playlist automatically play to the end or fast forward to the end in order to get a track added.
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

Thanks for the reply but I realise its supposed to add a new track to the end of Now Playing but in my case it doesnt do it. I dont understand what the toolbar button is for nor how to set it up to work. I cant find any details about this in the forum. Can someone please describe what I am supposed to do because I selected the scobblerdj in the MM options but it just wont do anytthing.
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

Suvess ... or at least in part .I have figured out how to make it work but now it keeps playing the smae song over an over.
Please anybody..how do I set this thing up???
confyoosed

Post by confyoosed »

billywizz wrote:Suvess ... or at least in part .I have figured out how to make it work but now it keeps playing the smae song over an over.
Please anybody..how do I set this thing up???
It might help if you tell exactly what you do have set up. What are your values for each setting?
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

OK Here are my settings:
Timeout :25
Info Show :15
Min Match :80
Same Artist : 40

Despite sma eartist reapt being set to 40 minutes Ialways get the smae songs by the same artist being repeated after only a few tracks.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Try lower min match to 50 (or less) and see if it works better.
confyoosed

Post by confyoosed »

The same artist repeat only applies to the Last.FM lookup. We're missing the setting for your playlist. What's likely happening is it is not finding a hit, and loading from your default playlist. You can find out what it is doing by watching the status message that displays for 15 seconds after you start playing the last song in your Now Playing list.
lordhong

Post by lordhong »

I get the same error that was listed in the 4-5th post from the start:

Error #438 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'SDB.IniFile.IntValue'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\ScrobblerDJ.vbs", Line: 19, Column: 0

I used the 1.26b2 download.
Peke

Post by Peke »

lordhong,
Try with most recent 2.5.3 RC and all should work like a charm.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts