Google Art Finder 2.7 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I had it exacly like you did (after I fixed it) and still doesnt work with yours or mine.

I press the toolbar and nothing happens.

(apolgies to Trixmoto for spamming/derailing the thread)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Surely the toolbar icon should point to GoogleArtFinder not AutoArtFinder, as the Auto one starts automatically!? :-?

BTW: The installer for version 1.2 is now available - I was having FTP issues!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version 1.3 has a toolbar icon added. This currently calls the same as clicking "Tools, Scripts, GoogleArtFinder" but can easily be changed to run the automatic popup as well.

N.B. As there are now 3 files and 2 ini entries, I'd suggest downloading the installer from my website.

Scripts\GoogleArtFinder.vbs

Code: Select all

NEW CODE BELOW
Scripts\GoogleArtFinder2.vbs

NEW CODE BELOW
Scripts\Auto\ToolbarArtFinder.vbs

NEW CODE BELOW
Last edited by trixmoto on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

trixmoto wrote:Surely the toolbar icon should point to GoogleArtFinder not AutoArtFinder, as the Auto one starts automatically!? :-?

Hahah OOOPS! That might explain things! :oops:

Thanks for the update Trixmoto!
8)
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

When i try to install the file, i get an alert of my BitDefender Virus-Scanner:
Exploit.ADODB.Stream.Gen
Can anyone confirm this or is it false alarm?
Whatever i'd like to use the script, beacuse i really like trixmoto's scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, my script uses this stream to download the image to your computer, if you click the "Save" button. However, it's advisable to drag the image straight into MM using drag+drop, so you'll never actually use it! :)
powerpill-pacman

Thanks for the quick reply.
Is there any way to disable this in the script 'cause i cannot use the script with my on-access scanner :(
Edit: I just found out for myself :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad you sorted it! :)
powerpill-pacman

Me again,
i got a question:
Is it possible to implement saving of position and size of the window, beacause i have two displays and want the window to appear on display number two. When i resize and position the window to my likes, it gets repositioned on display number one, but it seems with the coordinates of last position. I hope you understand what i mean...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have no idea how to specify which screen it should appear on, on the x,y,w,h values, which are currently being saved.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I have 2 displays, this is a general problem with MM not accepting coordinates out of the normal display range.

Some video card drivers and utils such as Ultramon help/force apps to certain displays/sizes. Nvidia drivers can be configured to force an app to a specific screen or desktop.
cherryplinth

write error

Post by cherryplinth »

I sucessfully loaded a couple of dozen albumn covers and then got a write error which is preventing me from loading anymore album covers. I rebooted, but still get the error.

I can't seem to cut and paste the error messge box into this note, but the error message essentially says:

Error 3004. ADODB.stream
Write to file failed.
File: "C:........GoogleArtFinder.vbs"Line 228, Column 2.

Any ideas on what I should do to get going again. Reinstall the script?

This is a great script.

Edit: Forgot to mention.... Right before I started getting the error message, I clicked through my set of four possible cover alternatives about 3 times - trying to decide which cover was best. I don't know if this recyling had anything to do with the failure, but it is the only thing I can think of that was any different from my previous successful attempts at using the script. A "Previous" button would be nice, but I recogonize that may be difficult to develop.
urlwolf

trojan detected by F-secure

Post by urlwolf »

trixmoto,

There was a trojan detected by F-secure using your installer. Probably it's a false alarm, but it's worth checking...
powerpill-pacman

Have a look at eight posts before. I had the same problem - it's false alarm.
:)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@cherryplinth: This download method doesn't seem to be very reliable. I think I will remove it in the next version. The best way to save the album art is to drag it directly into the album art window.

@urlwolf: This is in fact a false alarm.