Google Art Finder 2.7 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

MM has a problem with shortcut keys that are not via MENU. One of the devs posted in the bug forum (i think it was) that it will be better implemented in a later version.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You can add the shortcut to the Scripts.ini file by adding...

Code: Select all

Shortcut=Ctrl+G
...to the end of the Google Art Finder entry.

Also the Save As button will never work on some machines. It relies on an ADODB stream to download the image, but there are security issues involved - you have to be pretty relaxed about your internet security options, which I wouldn't really recommend.

If I can come up with a better solution then I will, but drag and drop seemed perfect to me so I haven't invested any time in looking yet.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
cherryplinth

Finding covers for classical music LP's

Post by cherryplinth »

Here is a side benefit of Google Art Finder that that I have not seen commented on...

The Google search engine is just plain better than the Amazon search engine, plus Google's search data base is probably much larger. The result is that you get the correct album cover much more often with Google than with Amazon.

Where this helps me is that I am transferring piles of classical music LP's to MM. Using Google Art Finder I probably get 50 - 60 percent exact hits on the cover - even though the covers may date back to the 60's or 70's. Probably 30 percent of the time I get the right performance, but a different cover (reissue); and maybe 10 percent of the time I have to chose pot luck. With Amazon, I am lucky to get a 5 percent hit rate on my old LP covers.

Nice piece of work.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

yeah google image will pull pretty accurate images from all over, works awesome!

;)
MCSmarties

Better control over image size?

Post by MCSmarties »

I have just discovered the Google Art Finder - excellent job as always, Trixmoto!

Can I make some suggestions?

* I store all my album art in a single folder (easier to use with the amazon tag lookup).
Sure, I can hardcode it into the script but how about an option button to choose where to store the art?

* All my album art is sized 300 x 300 (which is the size of most covers on amazon.com).
It would be helpful if the script showed a bunch of results - and display their respective size - and then lets the user pick one.
The absolute killer would be if the downloaded album art were automatically resized to a given size ;)
Last edited by MCSmarties on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The medium size search seems to work best on google. A bigger size would be great (you can search for large images on google), but it doesn't seem to come with good results.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I set my image size to "ALL" (you can set it in the script).

If I don't get a good set of images, I press <backspace> and it should go back to the search page with thumbnails.

From there you can adjust the search string and see all images at the same time and navigate to the one(s) you want.
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

trixmoto wrote:You can add the shortcut to the Scripts.ini file by adding...

Shortcut=Ctrl+G
...to the end of the Google Art Finder entry.
Trix,

There are two entries, differing on scriptType=(0\2). If I paste the shortcut on both, it doesn't work.

Any ideas to make it work?

Also. wouldn't it be great to have this automatized somehow. E.g. an script that goes through your 'unknown album art' node and queries google automatically. Then it presents the user with the pic retrieved. The user hits yes/no. If no is selected, then the more detailed options (e.g. all results as it is now when clicking the icon) are presented. And so on.

What do you think?
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

hmm, I have tried all combinations of the shortcut line in the scripts.ini file, but no luck.
The thing is that, on mouse over, the icon shows Google art finder (Ctrl + G). But it doesn't work.

Thanks
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Trix,

I have a problem/request:

Google art does not function if only an album node is selected. For example, browsing the album nodes to check for album art and find an album with art displayed, you must select a file before the google art icon will function.

I was wondering if it was possible to update the script to allow for album nodes to act as the track does.
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Teknojnky wrote:Trix,

I have a problem/request:

Google art does not function if only an album node is selected. For example, browsing the album nodes to check for album art and find an album with art displayed, you must select a file before the google art icon will function.

I was wondering if it was possible to update the script to allow for album nodes to act as the track does.
I think that's a very good idea.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Along with the above request, another thing that would be super once the control-G hotkey works properly, a 2nd hotkey to take the current picture and apply it to the current album.

So I can press cntrl-g then alt-s (or any other available hotkey combination) to save me the mouse drag/drop.

(I would personally assign ALT+G, and ALT+S, so I can make quick keystrokes)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@MCSmarties - I'm not sure what you want the option button to do exactly?

@urlwolf - I use the following INI entries and Ctrl+G works for me:

[GoogleArtFinder]
FileName=GoogleArtFinder.vbs
ProcName=GoogleArtFinder
Order=6
DisplayName=&Google Art Finder
Description=Find album art from Google
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0
Shortcut=Ctrl+G
[GoogleArtFinder2]
FileName=GoogleArtFinder.vbs
ProcName=AutoArtFinder
Order=27
DisplayName=&Google Art Finder
Description=Find album art from Google
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=2
@Teknojnky - if you don't have a track selected, then where would the image go? You need to have it selected for the drag and drop to work, surely? I can't perform a drag&drop from a shortcut, I can't access the dropzone from script (as far as I know). I might be able to add a shortcut to the "Save As" button - is that what you what?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Ok I added the shortcut to the scripts.ini, it doesn't seem to be there by default.
trixmoto wrote:@Teknojnky - if you don't have a track selected, then where would the image go? You need to have it selected for the drag and drop to work, surely? I can't perform a drag&drop from a shortcut, I can't access the dropzone from script (as far as I know). I might be able to add a shortcut to the "Save As" button - is that what you what?
If your refering to my suggestion for using the album node, the image should go to the first track, and by the options, should update all tracks in the album.

Here is what I did, I changed the 3 buttons on the form to have "&Next Image", "&Save Image", "&Auto: ON", "Auto: O&ff".

ALT+N works as expected.

ALT+S saves a zero byte file with the album name and no .jpg extention "Kill Bill" for the album "Kill Bill: Vol.1" (Bug).

Actually it did work with a normal album name, the ":" appears to mess up the code to save the file.

ALT+A or ALT+F work the first time, however once you toggle it, it no longer functions. I don't know if this is a vbscript problem, or a MM problem, or a script problem. You should be able to toggle auto off/on always.

If the 'save image' button could save the current image to the album/tracks (TAGS) it was called for, that is what I am looking for.

Wasn't there some functionality added to MM to facilitate the programmatic adding of album art?

Once the album art window is displayed, it loads the image, shouldn't that image be able to be programmatically added to the track? Shouldn't updating that track either automatically (because of album art addition options) be added to all tracks of an album, or if not shouldn't it be possible to iterate thru all tracks of the album of the track that is selected?

We may have already discussed this, it was late when I wrote the last post and I failed re-read the whole thread and forgotten some of what may have been discussed.

My apologies for the long reply and if I repeated any discussion.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Try using "&Auto: On" and "&Auto: Off" - using the same accelerator might fix the problem you are having. I'll add these to the next version.

I will work on the save button in the next version so that this will tag the tracks as well. I guess it will need to just tag the track if a track is selected, and all the tracks on the album if the node is selected - if I can get this working.

Cheers for the input Teknojnky! :)