Google Art Finder 2.7 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Post by Guest »

Got ya
jo2007

not all album tracks updated sometimes

Post by jo2007 »

Hi,

I adapted your script so that downloaded images can not only be stored in the tags, but can also be referenced in the database. I want to keep all artwork in one folder and all information regarding that should only be stored in the MM database.
While I was at it, I noticed that sometimes not all tracks of the album are updated with the cover.

When I select an album node an then click on a song that has no artwork information, GAF pops up and does its stuff and updates the tracks info. But for some reason it seem as if it (sometimes) doesn't run through all of other album tracks.
I checked in the script and it says in the AutoArtFinder Sub:

Code: Select all

SDB.Objects("GAFSongList") = song.Album.Tracks
I don't see why this should not work in some cases.
At first I thought it was because of mixed artist albums, but that has not confirmed itself in some tests.

Will GAF fail silently, if a problem is encountered during the update process?

Thanks,

Jo
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well all the update methods are called, but these themselves run silently, so there's no opportunity to catch any errors that might occur.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jo2007

not all album tracks updated sometimes

Post by jo2007 »

Well, have you experienced such behavior?
It really occurs only in some cases and I haven't been able to reproduce it, yet. The database shows, that only the current song's cover entry was changed.
My guess would be that some hidden script error prevents the API call or for the album song list sometimes or wrecks its result.

I'm customizing the script a little to fit my needs regarding the common artwork folder. E.g. when no artwork is in the database it looks in the common folder for a jpg with artist/album name filename and uses that one if present.
Another change I made was the functionality of the Save button. When not saving to the tags, it merely stores the cover on the disk right now.
The tip to drag&drop the image to MM's artwork window didn't work for me, because it then puts a link to the temporary image (in temporary internet files) into the database which is rubbish of course.
I just extended the if statement to regard the case when the images should not be saved to the tags.

I would share the code if s.o. is interested, but I'm afraid i just hacked my solutions into the code and fit everything to my paths etc..

jo
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've not experienced this behaviour myself, sorry.

If you email me your code then I'll try to add the functionality into the next release.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

I'm also using IE 7 Beta and i have the same problem as lowlander. I know that this isn't really valuable news, but i think this circles (is this correct english?) the problem around IE.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) - MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
if you really like my music...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Since a week now the iTunes lookup will show the no image found image instead of the album art for some albums, other albums work fine. This means that the album art does exist in iTunes but somehow is linked wrong (I guess).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ignore this: Unfortunately it appears that Apple have plugged the hole, so the images from the iTunes Store can no longer be accessed this way - sorry guys!

This doesn't work all the time for me, which I guess means the search didn't return any results - but it does work most of the time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Actually it still tells me if nothing was found. In this case it will show the image not available imaged (red cross). This is on albums that I assume that they do have cover art available.

It does seem that maybe some form of hole plugin or a change of search method was implemented by Apple, but it only affects some covers, others work fine.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Trixmoto, you might want to check out Coveralia, it has album art at 950*950, which is nice. I don't know how big there selection is though and if you can easily interface with them. For example Google Images can't do this as when it shows the image itself it is protected (shows Coveralia logo instead of image), but you can see the image on the webpage and download it from there.

Just a suggestion.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll take a look, no promises.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've had a lot of trouble with this site. I don't understand the language for a start, but it also keeps trying to install stuff on my computer, which I don't like. The adverts also make it extremely slow.

I've given up trying to work out a search link, but if you can find one I'm happy to use it.
monitoringpost

Post by monitoringpost »

I consistently get this error when trying to save an image by clicking the save button. I've reverted to dragging and dropping the image on the album window but that's a pain. Any ideas - haven't seen any other posts with respect to this.

Error Message:

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument
File:"C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\GoogleArtFinder.vbs", Line 352, Column:2
monitoringpost

Post by monitoringpost »

trixmoto wrote:This means you do not have the "Microsoft.XMLHTTP" component installed. What version of IE do you have?

I believe you need to install this from Microsoft.
V6 SP2