Google Art Finder 2.7 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

monitoringpost

Post by monitoringpost »

Downloaded the first component in the link you posted - wasn't sure if I needed the others. That though didn't appear to help. I either get the same error or the image that is displayed when viewed via the tag is blank but your comment is there with the non-existent art.

Am I doing the steps right - select track and click your GAF. Select image and another page loads with the image at top and other stuff at the bottom. Click the image at top and it loads in window all by itself. Click save and dialog pops up. BTW, sometimes this dialog pops up behind the window.

BTW, I'm also using your BAF script without any problems. Do these two scripts not use the same syntax so to speak to extract the art and save it?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means you do not have the "Microsoft.XMLHTTP" component installed. What version of IE do you have?

I believe you need to install this from Microsoft.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sperk

Post by sperk »

just started using this. As usual, thanks for another great script!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

On the batch art finder, there is a little text that shows what the image size is.

It would be really cool if this nifty feature was included in GAF if you happen to update it in the future.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

As these two scripts are so similar, I'm actually planning to release a new version of BatchArtFinder with the auto-feature from this script and then de-support this one. All the coding I do is parallel and it's a waste of time.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is probably the final version (2.7) of this script. Changes include...

- Fixed debug message showing
- Fixed error when running for a stream
- Removed option to use alternative source (as iTunes store is now locked down).

Thanks to everyone who has supported this script. You should find that Batch Art Finder provides you with all the functionality you require, and if not you can request it there. :)
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

I still use this script as my art finder because the Batch script is a little buggy for me and I haven't taken the time to try and sort it out.

Anyway, this script was slightly impacted by recent changes Google made to the interface of their image search page. They made the metadata about the picture (it's size, host, etc.) disappear and only appear if you hover over the thumbnail. This is awful. I like to use this script and quickly scan the results page to find an album cover with a size I desire (another reason I don't use the Batch script).

The quick and dirty fix for this is to disable javascript on that page. Here are instructions that I found at this site: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... -back.html

This worked for me:
Internet Explorer
These instructions are for Internet Explorer 7, but should also work for IE6.

* visit Google Images
* go to Internet Options
* in the Security tab, select "Restricted" and click on "Custom level" button
* browse to the Miscellaneous section, enable "Allow META REFRESH" and "Launching programs and files in an IFRAME" (you'll get that these settings will put your computer at risk, which is not really true) and click OK
* click on the "Sites" button and add images.google.com (the site should already be in the text box).
cbell2112

Post by cbell2112 »

I'm interested in trying this script but have not downloaded or installed any scripts. Is there a link to download the actual script or is this some kind of cut and paste maneuver?

Thanks for the help.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you click on the link in my signature that will take you to my website. In the scripts section you will be able to find an installer which will do all the hard work for you. Then just restart MM and you should find the new funcationality ready to use.
cbell2112

Post by cbell2112 »

Cool. That is what I was hoping for.

Thanks.
cbell2112

Post by cbell2112 »

OK trying this for the first time and maybe this has already been answered somewhere in the thread but I am having a hard time coming up with the correct artwork for a specific album. I see a bunch of artwork flash up in IE but then google automatically choses one whether it is the right one or not and loads it to full screen. It would be better if I could look at all the avaible art for my search and not have keep hitting next to find the art that I am looking for(which may not even be there).

Example

Jimi Hendrix Crash Landing brings up a bunch of Hendrix photos and things about the stock market crash. The album eventually shows but it is like tenth on the list.

Help?
agge

Post by agge »

Just rightclick and press Back, then you can search for whatever you want and also change from "Show only Large pictures" to Medium or something. Thats what I usually do.
cbell2112

Post by cbell2112 »

That works perfectly. Thanks.
cybaxx

Post by cybaxx »

I get a trojan error when downloading the exe.

Trojan-Downloader.JS.Gen
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My web host has a virus scan as I upload files, and an overnight scan as well. I have downloaded this file and scanned it on my own machine using Norton Antivirus 2007. I have also scanned it at work using Trend Micro Officescan. None of these have picked up anything - what antivirus are you using?