Google Art Finder 2.7 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

svenni

Post by svenni »

well, that might be. But my virus program (F-Secure) says otherwise. It calls the file googleartfinder.vbs a trojan-downloader.js.gen. And when I start off MM the virus check comes back, and refuses me to run the file. Any thought on how to solve this?
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is something I've noticed in previous version too. The script will automatically search for medium sized images. This is fine as there are few results for the large size. But the medium size in the script shows images to a max of 200*200. If you switch to large (or any other size) and back to medium it will all of a sudden show bigger size images as well. I would like to get these bigger sized images right away (they're not large size, just medium sized it seems).

As for antivirus, I have kaspersky running on a machine where I have the script saved (not installed) and it doesn't like the script one bit. My norton antivirus doesn't have problems with the saved copy nor the installed copy when run.
I guess you need to tell the antivirus software somehow that the script is save and not a virus/trojan.
svenni

Post by svenni »

Since I can't make this script work I tried to remove it. I used the uninstall in the add/remove programs, but now, when I open MM it says it cannot locate the file GoogleArtFinder.vbs. This message comes back each time a new song starts to play. How can I get rid of it? Will I have to edit some code somewhere?
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You'll need to remove the ini entries for GoogleArtFinder from {MM}\Scripts\Scripts.ini (as unfortunately the uninstaller doesn't do this itself).

I'm sorry you couldn't convince F-Secure that this script was safe.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
svenni

Post by svenni »

I actually have made fsecure ignore the file. But somehow I do not have acess to GoogleArtFinder.vbs. So the problem presists. Any idea what's up? I have tried to reinstall both MM and the scripts I had, including batch tagger and google art tagger. There is something really wrong here...

If I choose to delete MM, and start over, will my play stats be lost or is playcount and such saveed somewhere?

Edit: I removed the lines in scripts.ini and now MM works as usual. Thx for the help. Maybe I can use a future version....
Music is great!
MM with:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The playcounts are stored in the database so as long as you backup MediaMonkey.mdb you will not lose these.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.6) now has the option to choose the source, currently Google and the iTunes Store are the only options.
trence

Post by trence »

Can you tell me where to find Verison 2.6, and use it?
trence

Post by trence »

Nevermind, I found it. But when I use it to get Art from iTunes, it comes up with an error when I click to save.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What error? Can you email me a screenshot?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When I set it to load the album art from iTunes it automatically goes to about:blank after loading the album art from iTunes. I have IE 7 RC1 installed on my machine.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I don't understand why it's doing that? You mean it's flicking up and then disappearing again?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yeah it will load the album art from iTunes and it will than change to about:blank. Is it something you can reproduce? If not you can leave this issue and assume it's an issue with IE 7 which is in it's test fase so it could have issues. In the meanwhile I'll keep clicking the back link.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Lowlander - I can't replicate this, but I'll keep my eye out for it.

@Trence - This is not an error message, it is a debug message I forgot to remove! Ooops. If you open GoogleArtFinder.vbs in a text editor and find line 259...

Code: Select all

MsgBox src
... you can delete this line and then the script should work fine.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Thanks