Google Art Finder 2.7 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:32 am

trixmoto wrote:Try using "&Auto: On" and "&Auto: Off" - using the same accelerator might fix the problem you are having. I'll add these to the next version.
This doesn't work either (I had tried that first but failed to mention it).

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

8)

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:01 pm

Well I'll see what I can do and will release a new version fairly soon.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Send me BTC: 34VQPVsf9mCeR4nfhFvvBYZqQ7LkqNZ8Mn
Send me LTC: 3P1mzrfbyscdhbxRpXLgKz7tufGAU3SrEG
Send me DOGE: 9xPpYSqgF7P5yQiqvE1VqWb4UjxVCCLFJ6
Check out these great cryptocurrency faucets... BTC / LTC / DOGE

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:43 pm

An idea to save a bit of screenspace on the window..

put the buttons across the top instead of the side.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:33 pm

Yes, originally I had quite a few buttons so it made better sense to have them down the side - but as I simplified the workings unnecessary buttons were removed. I'm working on a new version of this script now.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:44 am

New version (1.5) has many improvements. I've added a custom icon and a shortcut (Ctrl+G) to the script (as the menu one doesn't work). I've also:
- Moved buttons to the top and added accelerators
- Images added to selected tracks when downloaded (*)
- Corrects filenames when saving file
- Now works from album node

N.B. You can download the installer from my website. If you don't wish to use this you will need to download the icon from here and save it in the Scripts folder. You'll also need the following files:

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:04 am

WOW, just gave it a run, and it's smooth as silk and fast.... huge improvement! Congrats!

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:05 pm

Very very nice, now its super easy to use the keyboard to navigate the album nodes, hit control G, then N or S to next or save, all without using the mouse!

Cheers! :D

edit:

Is this supposed to be updating all of the albums art or just the selected track?

I thought at first it was updating all, but now it seems that its only updating the selected track.

edit2:
Hmm I think I figured it out, if you have a single track selected it only updates that track... if you have a folder/album selected, it updates that album.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:11 am

@Teknojnky - yes, if you have tracks selected then it will updated all of the selected tracks. If you have a node (any node!) selected then all the tracks in the main window will be updated.

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:41 am

Trix, I noticed that the 'cover type' is not set, which makes the art 'unknown'. This is readily viewable with 'Cover types\<cover type>\<album>' magic node.

I noticed also your albumarttagger script has this "img.ItemType = 5" line commented out, and when I tried it in googleartfinder it didnt work either, so I am guessing this is a problem with MM?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:45 am

Well you can set the ImageType. However, you can only have one of most types (in the ID3 specs at least) and the script has no idea of knowing what type the image is. So I thought it best to make them all unknown so that you can find them and specify them if you want to. Do you have a better idea?

urlwolf

Post by urlwolf » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:20 am

excellent job trix!
This makes album art editing a pleassure. A huge asset for MM!

Some ideas:
Maybe mapping esc to close the window (e.g., when no results are found) to avoid having to mouse to the X button?

A keyboard shortcut to delete current image (in case you just found a better match)?

Great stuff!

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:49 am

Thanks for the comments urlwolf :)

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 am

trixmoto wrote:Well you can set the ImageType. However, you can only have one of most types (in the ID3 specs at least) and the script has no idea of knowing what type the image is. So I thought it best to make them all unknown so that you can find them and specify them if you want to. Do you have a better idea?

MM has always let me specify multiple (duplicate) cover types, I was not aware that the id3 spec had a restriction.

I would assume the vast majority of cases are people adding the 'front cover' image. Possibly any other additional images may be something else, but then I would expect the user to manually specify them anyway.

In any case, the most common image that google art returns, is the cover image anyway.

When I set the "img.ItemType = 0" or even 1 it did not appear to set the type, have you got this to work, I could not?

edit:
I also 2nd Urlwolf's comments!

Also, Trix do you know why the hotkey pneumonics(sp?) (underlined letters) function without pressing the ALT key?

At first I did not mind, but something came up where I needed to manually navigate the webpage within the google art finder window, but when I was retyping my search string, the hotkeys kept activating thus preventing me from typing in the field.

This is reproducable by..

opening the google art window.
let it load the first image
Press <backspace>
try to type something in the search field containing "N", "S", or "A".

Shouldn't the hotkeys activate ONLY when pressing ALT? That is the normal windows behaviour... seems like a MM issue.

A_Disciple

Problem with GoogleArtFinder

Post by A_Disciple » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:58 pm

I accidently posted the following as a new topic:

The google art finder has not worked for me and with all the anticipation of a new version, I decided to just wait it out for the new version.

I downloaded the installer from Trixmoto's website and ran it, but GoogleArtFinder will still not work for me.

I get no error messages, just when I click the button nothing happens. I have read back through the topic but could not come up with anything. Even when I go to "Tools>Scripts>GoogleArtFinder" nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 pm

Just pure speculation, which may not solve anything. As it is dark over in Trixmoto's land, I thought maybe you could try to check your \Scripts\scripts.ini file, and clean it out of old Google sections.. and then try to install it again, with MM closed. Just something to try maybe...