Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.3 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:54 am

Part of the problem you may be experiencing is that MM always looks in the tags for artwork, so if you are making changes but not synchronising these changes with the tags then they are not really made. All other tags I think can be updated just in the library and it will be these values which are used.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

sixarm

Post by sixarm » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:26 am

Great script!! I'm not sure if it can help with my specific problem. Anyone know?

I've got my music collection organized by dir <AlbumArtist>/<Album>/<track>. Each album dir has a folder.jpg but no tracks have images linked in the file. Is there a batch way to use the tracks local directory, find a folder.jpg and embed the image in the tag? (not a link to the image).

This would save me a boat-load of clicking.

cheers.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 am

This was the original purpose of the script, you want process 2 with mask "<path>\folder".
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

sixarm

Post by sixarm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 am

Fantastic! Thanks. I didn't connect the dots with the term "mask".

MinersC

Post by MinersC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I've just installed Album Art Tagger 4.3 and I think I've encountered a bug. When I choose option 5 "Remove artwork not matching storage" and then choose "Embed in tag" the results window shows "Removing images as links" and when I choose "Embed as link" the results window shows "Removing images in tags", and the result window does what it says, so I think lines 155 and 156 are reversed in the script. If I'm not understanding the context of the drop down boxes pleae forgive me, but I found this to be confusing at first and it doesn't seem right the way it is.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:59 am

MinersC wrote:I've just installed Album Art Tagger 4.3 and I think I've encountered a bug. When I choose option 5 "Remove artwork not matching storage" and then choose "Embed in tag" the results window shows "Removing images as links" and when I choose "Embed as link" the results window shows "Removing images in tags", and the result window does what it says, so I think lines 155 and 156 are reversed in the script. If I'm not understanding the context of the drop down boxes pleae forgive me, but I found this to be confusing at first and it doesn't seem right the way it is.
No, thats right:

Remove not matching storage: Embedded in tags (this will remove linked art)

Remove not matching storage: Images as links (removes embedded art)

Seems right to me...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

MinersC

Post by MinersC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:14 am

nohitter151 wrote:
MinersC wrote:I've just installed Album Art Tagger 4.3 and I think I've encountered a bug. When I choose option 5 "Remove artwork not matching storage" and then choose "Embed in tag" the results window shows "Removing images as links" and when I choose "Embed as link" the results window shows "Removing images in tags", and the result window does what it says, so I think lines 155 and 156 are reversed in the script. If I'm not understanding the context of the drop down boxes pleae forgive me, but I found this to be confusing at first and it doesn't seem right the way it is.
No, thats right:

Remove not matching storage: Embedded in tags (this will remove linked art)

Remove not matching storage: Images as links (removes embedded art)

Seems right to me...
Thanks for the feedback but it still doesn't seem clear to me. The option is "Remove..." but then you pick what you dont' want to remove, which isn't straight forward, especially when the third option is "Embed both ways" which, if you are picking what you don't want to remove, seems it won't do anything. "Embed ..." makes it sound like it is going to do something. Seems if I pick "05 Remove artwork not matching in storage" "Embeded in tags" would remove taks and "Images as links" would remove links and "Both" would remove both. But as it seems I'm the only one finding this confusing I'll work around it. Thanks.

roylayer

Post by roylayer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:26 pm

I find it confusing as well, because it uses negative logic, but it does actually make sense.
Happy user of MediaMonkey Gold version 2.5.5.998
Computer: p4, 2.5 ghz, 3 gb ram, win xp

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:41 am

You are selecting what you want to keep ("not matching" means "not equal to") - I'm sorry if you find the wording confusing but it is correct.

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 pm

I had to recently Add-Rescan all my libary folders. An unintended consequence of this was that the saved image files from Batch Art Finder in the individual folders were processed and added as typically second images (I have standardized on images embedded in tag).

Started cleaning up in Files To Edit->Inconsistent Album Art but that got pretty tiring pretty soon. There had to be A Better Way.

Found it right here with Option 8: Remove all except first image with it's sub-option delete image files from disk.

Install script, select all tracks in FTE, run with option 8, and.... :D :D

Thanks for this script.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:38 am

Glad I could help! :D

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:26 pm

TM:

I am having a little trouble getting AAT to tag the artist type in #2. I have changed the type to 8 in the ini file but each time I try to use it, it is adding the covers as front covers, is there some place else I should be changing the default at??
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:45 am

There is no option available to define this at the moment, although it can be guessed from the filename. If you want change it the line of code you need to edit is 1488...

Code: Select all

Dim typ : typ = 3

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 am

trixmoto wrote:There is no option available to define this at the moment, although it can be guessed from the filename. If you want change it the line of code you need to edit is 1488...

Thank you I will try that. :D

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:34 pm

trixmoto wrote:There is no option available to define this at the moment, although it can be guessed from the filename. If you want change it the line of code you need to edit is 1488...

That didn't work, it still makes it a front cover.