Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

elite-rob

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.7 - Updated 01/05/2010

Post by elite-rob » Sun May 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Owen: In your opinion, if space was NOT an issue at all... what would you think is best?

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Sun May 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Portablility is my prime goal, so I embed art. However, I use medium quality art (typically 300x300).
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Sun May 23, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm with Owen, if space is not an issue, I'd embed. :)
Stop Button Freak

gpzbc

Post by gpzbc » Sun May 23, 2010 7:59 pm

In my opinion, the dependability of embedding the album art far outweighs the extra space.

I have about 18,000 tracks in my library. I embed album art into every single tag. I usually try to keep album art images to 100 kilobytes each. 100 kb * 18,000 tracks = 1.71661376953125 gigabytes. Like I said, it is definitely worth 2GB of space to have dependable album art.

That's my two cents.
--
The gpzbc

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick » Wed May 26, 2010 2:06 am

Hi trixmoto, You have some awesome scripts! I love AAT and use it all the time. I have a question regarding the '09. Assign a front cover image' option. Could you please explain what the drop-down box is used for? Cheers.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 am

Thanks! :) Unless I'm mistaken (I don't have access to MM at the moment to check) the dropdown is for image type, which can be used to set a back cover, for example, instead of a front cover. This was added after the process was originally added, but maybe I should have changed the name to make this clearer.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick » Thu May 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks trix, Ok so as long as I don't choose anything from the drop-down then the AlbumArt will be saved as 'Front Cover' even though the default option in the drop-down box is 'Other'? Or does Other refer to the fact that this is where options for Other types of AlbumArt are? (I see that 'Front Cover' is actually an option in the drop-down as well?) Sorry but I'm a bit confused and just want to make sure I'm saving my AlbumArt correctly.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Sorry, I need to correct myself: This process will always assign a front cover. The dropdown is used to say which of images will become the front cover, if you have multiple. The "(ANY)" option can be used to just use the first image in the track.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Riggs

Post by Riggs » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:37 pm

hey every one, I am a new user that got Media Monkey. I got a new windows 7 system and windows media player 12 is creeping me out with their system of messing with your album arts. :evil:

So i was looking for something else and Media Monkey seems to be a good replacement. My only beef is that i can't seem to get the album art working and maybe this Tagger addon is what i need now. I used to have a folder.jpg in each album and WMP automatically links it in their player. MM doesn't link it (or maybe a setting is wrong) the only way it seems to work is that every mp3 file must have album art inside the tags.

Can this addon only link the art like WMP does? without rewriting mp3 tags?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:46 pm

No, MediaMonkey can handle external art. If you save your tracks in folder for each album you should be able to get the Album Art to show. Make sure that scan track directories for Album Art under Tools > Options > Library. Then you will need to scan again.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Riggs

Post by Riggs » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :o

I did a scan and indeed, it shows up :) only now i am wondering... is there a setting that keeps the image at the original size? MM seems to stretch the art to player's size.

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:33 pm

The add/rescan links the art files. There should be no change in pixel size.

You can check this by Properties->Album Art and mouse over the image.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

byrondee

Post by byrondee » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 am

Man I love MM, and these scripts make a good thing great! I feel stupid I have been trying to live with Musicmatch since just recently, arghh, Media monkey is so powerful. Anyway here is what i would like to do... I have multiple singles directories like "Hits of 2008" and in there are a bunch of single tracks, each with each track with sperate artwork. The ablum is tagged the same "Hits of 2008" with artistXX, trackXX. My issue is I have another application (Wholehouse server) that can only proccess album artwork that is in the file folder.jpg. Everything is fine with MM, but th server will only display the one folder.jpg for all tracks.

So my question is how do I do the following by automation: So Under "Hits 20XX" generate subfolders called "trackname", then move each track to that new subfolder, then extract the image from each track to its folder, folder.jpg. Thanks for any help

fizzjob

Post by fizzjob » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:27 am

byrondee wrote:Man I love MM, and these scripts make a good thing great! I feel stupid I have been trying to live with Musicmatch since just recently, arghh, Media monkey is so powerful. Anyway here is what i would like to do... I have multiple singles directories like "Hits of 2008" and in there are a bunch of single tracks, each with each track with sperate artwork. The ablum is tagged the same "Hits of 2008" with artistXX, trackXX. My issue is I have another application (Wholehouse server) that can only proccess album artwork that is in the file folder.jpg. Everything is fine with MM, but th server will only display the one folder.jpg for all tracks.

So my question is how do I do the following by automation: So Under "Hits 20XX" generate subfolders called "trackname", then move each track to that new subfolder, then extract the image from each track to its folder, folder.jpg. Thanks for any help
Sounds like kind of a 2-step process. You can use Auto-Organize to create the folder structure you want, and then the Album Art Tagger script to extract the artwork.

medmaxia

Post by medmaxia » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi there! I finally switched from itunes to mediamonkey and it is really really very impressive! Unfortunately, artwork has been a massive bother of mine and basically all of my artwork had previously been replaced by just a white cover.
All the new artwork has been added fine, but in 'Image 2', so I have a 15k library of white covers in 'Image 1' :(
Is it possible to simply remove JUST 'Image 1'? I saw that there was a 'remove everything but...' equivalent, but is the opposite possible? It's driving me mad.
Any help would be much appreciated :D
Thankyouu!