Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.8 - Updated 14/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Well this script can't help you with that at the moment, but I've added it to my list.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.9 - Updated 27/02/2011

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.9) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added process 16 to make front cover the first image
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks Trixmoto. The new feature will come in handy.
--
The gpzbc
jonp

Post by jonp »

Thanks for the update.
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Really struggling to get this to work for me now, have used in the past with great success. Have a number of albums with folder.jpg album art (+ some others but only going for folder). Just seems real flakey as to when the tag takes, sometimes works other times not, same settings.

Using <path>\folder as mask and trying to do a large batch, when edit album is then selected only some have the tag embedded, use remove art (option 2 in script) and some say they have linked album art not embeded as needed.

Have tried all sorts of things on a small test selection but nothing seems to work consistantly.

Latest builds of both MM and script.

All input appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Gidday

Just found your art tagger for MM and trying it out ... but ... seems to overlook ALBUM ARTIST for the mask !!!

This field is used (well, by me anyway) to group tracks on compilation albums together and as the art would be for the compilation, I cannot see why I cannot use this field (it is after all, an album level tag).

Anyway ... if you cannot add, could you point me in the right place (a la ID earlier) so that I could change your script ... not too familiar with PC coding and don't want to corrupt your code, miss something and corrupt my stuff :wink:

Cheers
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

<Artist> is the album artist, the mask is all album fields.
KeeWee

Post by KeeWee »

Cheers ... thanks for that ... should have tried it out on one of my VA albums - d'oh!

One other query / concern ...

I have been testing out options 1 and 4 ... appears to only extract 1st (cover front) album art from the tags to store in the folder.

If you tick the 'Delete From Tag' box, then ALL album art is deleted.

About 1/2 of my albums have 2 cover arts and I would like to be able to extract both ... is this possible ... and add suffix (1) and (2) ?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you want to extract all of them then you can use <#> or <*> in the mask to make the image filenames different.
KeeWee

Post by KeeWee »

Thanks Trixmoto ... worked fine ... did not quite get format - album-year-artist(1) - but close enough ... can fix it myself after extract which I was struggling with ... cheers mate
Blakeh

Post by Blakeh »

I've gone through the past ten pages, but haven't seen any reference to the issue I'm having. I've successfully used this great script for many years on my Win XP machine. However, when I use the exact same settings "<path>\folder" on my Win7 machine, the output file replaces the "\" with a "-" and I end up with a long file name in my root directory. For instance it should look like:

X:\Depeche Mode\Behind The Wheel\folder.jpg

But it show up as:

X:\Depeche Mode-Behind The Wheel-folder.jpg

Any idea why MM would start substituting a '\' with a '-' ?

Thanks,
Blake
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that in your "MediaMonkey.ini" file you have in your [FilenameMappings] section an entry like of "5C=2D". Removing this should give you the results you expect.
Blakeh

Post by Blakeh »

Thanks so much, Trixmoto! That did the trick. I'm back to enjoying your great script!

Post by Guest »

Hi Trixmoto
this is an amazing script. i cant seem to find it in my toolbar anymore like i did in the previous version. I have updated now to 3.2.5.1306. i used your automatic installer when installing it.
oeyoeve

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.9 User Guide - Where is it?

Post by oeyoeve »

Hi Trix,
I may be dumb, but here's my question:

Process #1 says "Extract Artwork (Copy from tag to mask)"
Mask ?? What Mask? Where is this Mask and what is it?

You see why I search for a user guide?
There are sixteen processes in your excellent script, and I 'm not quite sure exactly what they all do? I mean specifically - down to the very least detail.
This is extreemely important to know, as misinterpretation leading to wrong use can cause havock in a library of 245k songs!
Ooops, I made a mistak :-(
Sorry, too late!

Please give us a link to an excellent and detailed user guide.? :-)

Rgds
Viking