Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Post by Lowlander » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Those are the installers, not the installed Addon. Double click the .mmip file to install.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Media_Allen

Re: Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Post by Media_Allen » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 pm

OK, I figured out that a Script is an "Extension" so I got it installed. Now I have a folder with artist\album folders under it. Every folder with sound files has a FOLDER.JPG file there.

Is there some trick to this "mask" thing? Or will it just imbed the accompanying .jpg into the tracks?
I hit OK and the script seems to want me to rename EVERY folder.jpg to something like the album name! It must have trenched that out of the metadata. Obviously since no player app (on earth as far as I know) uses album art like this, I'll have to write a script to rename all the folder.jpg files, then another one to rename them back (or copy the tree somewhere else to preserve them). I tested this, and sure enough, "cover.jpg" works, and so does "folder.jpg". "This Left Feels Right.jpg" fails miserably.

Obviously when I told it to go, it did NOTHING.

Does that "mask" thing has something to do with this, and there are likely 200,000 ways to write the mask wrong and one way to do it so it works. Otherwise, I would have had to use a Tag editor to get the "approved" name for every JPG file, which is roughly as repetitive and time-wasting as just applying all the art to the tags manually.

Is there an example anywhere of how I could make this work with all the album art in FOLDER.JPG files?

Thanks