Playlist Exporter - File Name issue

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

uk_martin

Playlist Exporter - File Name issue

Post by uk_martin »

Hi

I have tried to use the script for exporting playlists from child nodes into a single folder. The script works to a fashion, however, I can't work out the options to get the right file name for the playlist files.

The script is known, I think, as ExportM3UsForSubNodes-4.1

I have my music in folders such that in an MP3 parent folder, I have subfolders for all the artists, and within them are the folders for the albums. In each album folder is a playlist file called <artist> - <album>.m3u

At the root of the drive where the MP3 folder is, I have another folder called Playlists. That's where I want exported copies of the playlists in all the "child nodes" to reside. The problem is that at the moment, when I export the playlists, the files are named <album> - <artist> - <album>.m3u

Is there a way to tweak things so that the Album name only features once, just like it does in the playlists that I have within the music folders?

Alternatively, is there a file renaming script / application that can remove everything that can rename files by removing everything before the first dash and the space immediately after the first dash?

Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming.
MMFrLife

Re: Playlist Exporter - File Name issue

Post by MMFrLife »

Are you talking about this exportM3U?

For manipulating field parts around try RegExp Find & Replace
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
pindaloca1

Post by pindaloca1 »

Hello all,
I am thinking about installing Media Monkey and some of your topics, like this one, frighten me a bit : I have already had big troubles with the auto-rename functionality of iTunes (a nightmare..!) so I am wondering now if MediaMonkey will not take the initiative of renaming some or all my files against my will since that many tags are still missing...
As far as I can see, the remane function needs to be intentionaly activated to operate but I would rather be totally sure about this before trying this player.
Thank you in advance folks !

Pindaloca
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, you are right. MMW unlike iTunes do not take initiative to auto-rename files on its will (it can be set to do that, but you need to go thru various confirmations in order to enable it and have GOLD version). Also it warns you when you do actions on more than 50 Files or you are doing batch actions which can be annoyed (based on feedback), but it is implemented so that we minimize the possible damage (Check Confirmations in Tools -> Options).

As Example MMW do not even automatically delete duplicates it just list and find them you need to decide which one to delete and which one to keep.

Feel free to ask anything and you will get explanation with examples.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts