Is there a script to merge tags from multiple tracks?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

JumpingJakStat

Is there a script to merge tags from multiple tracks?

Post by JumpingJakStat »

I was wondering whether there was a script or Add-on that would concatenate existing tags for multiple tracks such that:
Tracks starting with :
Track 1 Comment: String1
Track 2 Comment: String2
Track 3 Comment: String3

Could be tagged as
Track 1 Comment: String1String2String3
Track 2 Comment: String1String2String3
Track 3 Comment: String1String2String3

Sorry if this question already exists or isn't clear. I'm new to the forum.
Thanks in advance for anybody who can point me in the right direction.
MMFrLife

Re: Is there a script to merge tags from multiple tracks?

Post by MMFrLife »

You mean, for example,

1. You have 5 tracks in a project, you designate one track as the main one with the "comment" field as the target.
2. You then proceed to append the "comment" of the other 4 to the "comment" of the main track?

The only thing I can think of would involve using 2 add-ons (1 and 3 in my signature under fav scripts).

1. Use add-on #3 first to copy the "comment" of each of the 4 tracks separately to unused capable fields of the main track.
2. Use add-on #1 to append each of the 4 "comment" to the "comment" of the main track.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

If Comment is the only one involved and case of 1+2+3+x needs to be result on all tracks then It should be very easy to make script and button to do that on selected tracks.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You want the comment of "all" tracks to be tagged with appended comments from any other comment field in selection (no main)?

See here
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜