create Playlist using a script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Edgar

create Playlist using a script

Post by Edgar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:26 pm

I would like to create a script which searches the entire library looking for entries (e.g. Artist is a single word/letter) which match some criteria and add them to a (acceptably: already existing) Playlist for manual examination. As a simple example, search the entire Library for every entry whose Artist is exactly "A" and add that entry to an existing playlist "Playlists:Alpha".
---Edgar

64-bit Windows 7 SP1 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3 & beta4
Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard (using AudioFire4 via FireWire)
sound system: Soundcraft mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and Tascam VL-5A mains with LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer

Eyal

Re: create Playlist using a script

Post by Eyal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:19 am

Why making a script for this, as it's so easy to achieve it manually with the Advanced Search functionality?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:46 am

Obviously, my example could be easily accomplished using the Advanced Search function; I only proposed it as a simple example. I'm more interested in the general case of searching the Library database and finding all Artists whose name is a single letter (and/or a single word) then adding that entry to a custom Playlist. I could then manually scan the playlist to repair malformed entries/tags.

MediaMonkey occasionally gets it wrong when it automatically identifies an artist. If you have a file name which looks like:

Code: Select all

D:\A\Z\Zen Alpha\Mixes EP\Dance (Hey).flac
it will identify the artist as: Hey. Another file name might look like:

D:\A\Z\Zen Alpha\Mixes EP\Dance - Hey.flac
it will identify the artist as: Hey. This file name might also cause problems:

D:\A\Z\Zen Alpha\Mixes EP\(It's A) Dance - Hey - Ho (He).flac
in this case it might inappropriately add different entries to both the Artist & Album Artist fields.
---Edgar

64-bit Windows 7 SP1 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3 & beta4
Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard (using AudioFire4 via FireWire)
sound system: Soundcraft mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and Tascam VL-5A mains with LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:02 am

I'd use the auto-generated (if enabled) recently added Playlists or an AutoPlaylist sorted on Added. This way you can quickly go through the newly added files identifying any that need fixing.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)