create Playlist using a script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Edgar

create Playlist using a script

Post by Edgar »

I would like to create a script which searches the entire library looking for entries (e.g. Artist is a single word/letter) which match some criteria and add them to a (acceptably: already existing) Playlist for manual examination. As a simple example, search the entire Library for every entry whose Artist is exactly "A" and add that entry to an existing playlist "Playlists:Alpha".
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
Eyal

Re: create Playlist using a script

Post by Eyal »

Why making a script for this, as it's so easy to achieve it manually with the Advanced Search functionality?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Obviously, my example could be easily accomplished using the Advanced Search function; I only proposed it as a simple example. I'm more interested in the general case of searching the Library database and finding all Artists whose name is a single letter (and/or a single word) then adding that entry to a custom Playlist. I could then manually scan the playlist to repair malformed entries/tags.

MediaMonkey occasionally gets it wrong when it automatically identifies an artist. If you have a file name which looks like:

Code: Select all

D:\A\Z\Zen Alpha\Mixes EP\Dance (Hey).flac
it will identify the artist as: Hey. Another file name might look like:

D:\A\Z\Zen Alpha\Mixes EP\Dance - Hey.flac
it will identify the artist as: Hey. This file name might also cause problems:

D:\A\Z\Zen Alpha\Mixes EP\(It's A) Dance - Hey - Ho (He).flac
in this case it might inappropriately add different entries to both the Artist & Album Artist fields.
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd use the auto-generated (if enabled) recently added Playlists or an AutoPlaylist sorted on Added. This way you can quickly go through the newly added files identifying any that need fixing.