TweakMonkey (advanced options page) 1.02 - 4/2/2007 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

MM3 already remembers the last set node/filter settings from when you closed down, so perhaps this should be deferred to the innate mm3 functionality.

Although, I can still see that someone may want it to _always_ startup in a particular node/view regardless if it was closed in that mode.

I duno, I will have to start using mm3 full time and see what changes might be involved.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Steegy wrote:TweakMonkey definately needs an update (it can't be much because there's no SQL involved) to be MM3-ready.
nynaevelan wrote:Techno:
I know TM is already MM3 compatible, but do you plan on updating it to allow for the filters to used as startup nodes??
Nyn
Er... is this MM3 compatible (at least partially)? I mean, is it safe to install it and have a play?
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I have not tested all functionality, but I am not getting any errors with the settings I used for mm2, on mm3 rc5.
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

Even with auto-resume and auto play enabled? If so, then I will have to reinstall this plug-in! MM used to crash in RC-3 after exiting with these options on.
MediaMonkey Gold (Lifetime)
- If my configuration's specifications are helpful, please go here.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I got an access violation error when I exited MM3 the first time (and subsequent times) after installing Tweakmonkey.

It looks like MM has closed but the process is still runnig and I have to kill it with task manager.

I'm not bothered bcos I now realise that I don't need TweakMonkey, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for the reply too.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

Same thing happened to me with previous versions, I am just trying to get a convenient Auto Play and Auto Resume feature without having to go to MM3 Gold's bookmarking feature. At least I think that Gold has a similar feature.
MediaMonkey Gold (Lifetime)
- If my configuration's specifications are helpful, please go here.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

It would be great if TweakMonkey still offered an option to set the nodes that are displayed at startup. Indeed MM3 has a function to configure some nodes but it's not possible, for example, to remove the search node permanently.
slapdash

Post by slapdash »

Hey, I installed tweakmonkey with my MM2.5 and when I shut down, this file OfflineWorker opens...

How can I fix this?

Kind regards.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

slapdash wrote:Hey, I installed tweakmonkey with my MM2.5 and when I shut down, this file OfflineWorker opens...

How can I fix this?

Kind regards.
Make sure that Tools > Options > General > TweakMonkey > Clean/Reset Options are disabled...
slapdash

Post by slapdash »

They are all disabled.. :-?
slapdash

Post by slapdash »

Can't I just delete this offline worker file...?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Not sure what you mean?

Do you mean there is a program icon on the task bar referring to the offlineworker? if so then I assume you can close it.

The only reason it should even be started is if you enabled the clear search history/playlist history/url history?

If you mean delete the offlineworker.vbs file, if you delete that then you will get errors.
slapdash

Post by slapdash »

Well that's the problem, the clear search history/playlist history/url history is disabled and still everytime I close MediaMonkey the file OfflineWorker.vbs spontaneously opens...

Btw the files opens up in Notepad..
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

thats pretty wierd, sounds like your .vbs files are not associated properly within windows..

You can try commenting out (or deleting) the following code from the 'SDB_OnShutDown' sub near the top of the tweakmonkey.vbs file.. (use notepad or other txt editor, not a word processor) and see if that works.. that would appear to completely remove the offline worker functionality.

but it obviously wont fix the association problem..

Code: Select all

If WorkerArguments.Count > 0 Then
        Dim Key, ArgumentsList
        For Each Key In WorkerArguments.Keys
            If WorkerArguments(Key) = True Then
                ArgumentsList = ArgumentsList & " /" & Key
            End If
        Next
        If ArgumentsList <> "" Then
            Dim WshShell : Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
            WshShell.Run "wscript """ & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\Auto\TweakMonkey\OfflineWorker.vbs" & """" _
                        & " /INIPath:" & """" & GetINIPath & """" _
                        & " /DBPath:" & """" & GetDBPath & """" _
                        & " /APPPath:" & """" & SDB.ApplicationPath & """" _
                        & " /MyMusicPath:" & """" & SDB.MyMusicPath & """" _
                        & ArgumentsList, 1, False
        End If
    End If
slapdash

Post by slapdash »

What do those files have to be associated with normally?

It is fixed now... What was the function of OfflineWorker anyway?

Greetings