TweakMonkey (advanced options page) 1.02 - 4/2/2007 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

That's a good idea
I don't know if it would be much slower
but I think it would be a significant performance hit.
What event would be used to update this NP backup? The OnChangedSelection event would only be partially helpful, and would be called way too much. A timer could be a solution, but still it would be a performance hit on large NP's.
What would happen? The easiest way to backup would be to clear and filled the backup playlist each time (searching for differences and then insert/remove tracks (kind of AI) seems way to difficult for me, and for the computer).

If anyone has an idea on how to do this, please feel free to post here or update TweakMonkey yourself.

:roll: 2 things for the monkey (MM) itself: always make that the mediamonkey.m3u list is accurate, and don't crash.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Grrr.. sometimes the monkey gives me the creeps:

Code: Select all

NPSaved.AddTracks CSL
OnShutdown this works and lets the OnShutdown handler execute properly till the end, but then trows an "Error executing script event." error message.

Code: Select all

Dim i
            MyFile.WriteLine "        CSL.Count"
            For i = 0 To CSL.Count - 1
                MyFile.WriteLine "            Add track"
                NPSaved.AddTrack(CSL.Item(i))
            Next
OnShutdown this works also, and without the error message.

Once MM froze and then terminated after one NPSaved.AddTrack(CSL.Item(i)) command (using the second code), and just now MM went 100% (and stayed there) after the OnShutdown handler had executed till the end (using the second code), so it froze instead of the error message.

Why-o-why? Are these bugs?
Jiri?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Hey Steegy,

Great to see this script updated, and I love the new features, but I'm getting an error message whenever I shut MM down - it is an Access Violation at 006344DO, and it comes up about five times. I'm running my library from a portable HD, which could be the problem as everything else is up-to-date and not out of the ordinary. Any suggestions?

And thanks for all your work, by the way.

All the best,
Ben
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

NB - I've just discovered that turning off the clear playlist at shutdown option cures the problem, which is a shame as this is one of the best features (esp. the updated version of it). Hopefully v1.1 will have a solution :D

All the best,
Ben
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hey Ben

If that solves the problem, then I suppose you're not using "Use Fast NowPlaying Loading" ?
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Hey Steegy,

I've sent you an e-mail explaining everything, but you are correct, I wasn't using the 'Fast NowPlaying Loading' option.

Thanks,
Ben
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Steegy wrote:What event would be used to update this NP backup? The OnChangedSelection event would only be partially helpful, and would be called way too much. A timer could be a solution, but still it would be a performance hit on large NP's.
I am not very familiar with all of the events available, but if there is an event for NP track added and NP track removed, perhaps it could be used to add/prune the library nowplaying playlist?
What would happen? The easiest way to backup would be to clear and filled the backup playlist each time (searching for differences and then insert/remove tracks (kind of AI) seems way to difficult for me, and for the computer).
Yea this was my initial thought, I don't know the processing overhead this would cost every time the NP list changed tho.
:roll: 2 things for the monkey (MM) itself: always make that the mediamonkey.m3u list is accurate, and don't crash.
Agree, if MM did not have problems with saving of settings/NP list this would be less of an issue.

I personally would prefer to remove all reference to external mediamonkey/winamp m3u files for normal MM operation. I do not keep any m3u files in my library and generally only use them for special situations.

I do think that some plugins rely on the now playing m3u file, which might be one of the factors for its continued existence.

Here is something even simpler than my original suggestion:

Don't delete the temp playlist on startup, simply delete (or clear) and refill it on shut down.

This would mirror current mediamonky.m3u behavior, you might have an old now playing list if MM does not shut down properly, but at least it won't be empty.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

I am also getting the access violation error. I removed both the old Tweek monkey, and reinstalled the new one, and am still getting it.

I have FASTNOWPLAYING set to on, and Clear playlist to OFF.

I'm getting
"Access violation at address 00631C00 mediamonkey.exe read at address 00000000." This takes 8 times to clear before MM shuts down. Then when it starts back up. it almost looks like the session did not happen with the tracks not played in the playlist that MM brings back up.

I will try to do some more testing tonight when I get back to my Conex box house.

/Jeff
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I think the problem is with clearing the Now Playing list on shutdown. Therefore, please set both FastNoPlaying and ClearPlaylistOnExit to OFF and see if it solves these access violation errors.

Hopefully the devs will be able to fix this. If not, I have an alternative script solution: don't use MM's playlist clear method, but delete the MediaMonkey.m3u file after that MediaMonkey has exited.

Cheers
Steegy
toxboy

Post by toxboy »

Steegy,

Pretty new member to the forums, I read a lot but don't post much.
Recent MM Gold member.

I have a problem similar to that experienced by KAZADHARRI - quoted below.
I have tried many different settings, including the ones you recommend in a post to disable FASTNOWPLAYING and the CLEAR PLAYLIST. Still get the error, and takes 8 clicks to clear.

Error message is similar but is specifically: Access violation at address 0063E8A4 in module 'MEDIAMONKEY (NON-SKINNED).EXE' Read of address FFFFFFFF

Not complaining just trying to provide another data point. I love what you scipters do for the program. Keep up the Great work!

Greg (Toxboy)
kazadharri wrote:
I have FASTNOWPLAYING set to on, and Clear playlist to OFF.

I'm getting
"Access violation at address 00631C00 mediamonkey.exe read at address 00000000." This takes 8 times to clear before MM shuts down. Then when it starts back up. it almost looks like the session did not happen with the tracks not played in the playlist that MM brings back up.

/Jeff
gab

Post by gab »

I'm also getting the same access violation error as above (even after adjusting the settings). Good luck with the fix - it's a very valuable program.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

Steegy,
I deselcted all the options, and am still getting the error. Funny thing is that when MM shuts down after I set teh sleep timer. It works OK. No errors.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The devs hope to fix this is MM 3.0
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

You've verified this crash is specific to the new tweakmonkey script? You have removed the tweakmonkey.vbs file from the mediamonkey\scripts\auto folder?

If not I would try that, it could be a crash unrelated to tweakmonkey.

Using the minilyrics plugin in conjunction with the new style last.fm plugin nearly always crashes on exit for me. Closing ML before MM doesn't crash.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

Yes. I have removed that file, and actually reinstalled the old version of TweakMonkey. No problems.
I then reinstalled the new version and have the same issue as before. Is there a debug script I can run for you?

It is not really a crash since it is an error coming up during exit, and it does not look like it is causing any other issues. Just not a clean exit.

/Jeff