[MM2+3] Change Drive-ID after moving Files to a new Drive

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Crackertron

Re: [MM2+3] Change Drive-ID after moving Files to a new Drive

Post by Crackertron »

Wow, zero help here. Oh well, I just went for it anyway and lost all my play counts.

Does anyone look at these question?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

What version of MM are you using? What step did you take?
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
dypsis

This Feature Needs to be Built-in to MediaMonkey

Post by dypsis »

There is something I have been meaning to say for a long time.

MediaMonkey needs to include the ability to change drives in the program without people relying on having to find this script.
Sorry, but I think when the decision was made for MediaMonkey to view drives in this manner, there should have also been a feature built-in for migrating to another drive.

Yes, I do understand why MediaMonkey looks at the volume rather than the drive letter, but why not include the feature in MediaMonkey to migrate drives? :-?
It is not some optional enhancement. I see it as an essential component.
FlyingRoger

Post by FlyingRoger »

Bonjour à tous,
Il faut juste préciser qu'il faut créer un script dénommé MM_HDDSerial.vbs dans le répertoire Scripts, avec l'ensemble code décrit en bas de ce texte.
Du reste, çà fonctionne parfaitement.
Un grand bravo et merci à l'auteur !
FlyingRoger
nynaevelan

Re: This Feature Needs to be Built-in to MediaMonkey

Post by nynaevelan »

dypsis wrote:There is something I have been meaning to say for a long time.

MediaMonkey needs to include the ability to change drives in the program without people relying on having to find this script.
Sorry, but I think when the decision was made for MediaMonkey to view drives in this manner, there should have also been a feature built-in for migrating to another drive.

Yes, I do understand why MediaMonkey looks at the volume rather than the drive letter, but why not include the feature in MediaMonkey to migrate drives? :-?
It is not some optional enhancement. I see it as an essential component.
I agree with you, perhaps you should open a request in the Wishlist forum. :wink:

44enviro

Post by 44enviro »

I have used this script for a couple of years and it is fantastic.. but.. i recently switched to windows 7 and the script will not run. It errors out.

Anyone have similar issues. By the way i tried it on 2 computers I upgraded to windows 7 home premium. I will try soon on my windows 7 pro machine as well.

James...
James@tridelsolutions.com
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Win7 has UAC, so you have to run MM at least once as an admin, then the script should run fine.

44enviro

Post by 44enviro »

Thanks for the reply.

I am always running as admin.

I did follow a suggestion here.. and it seems to visually work.. i haven't needed to implement it just yet.

REM Dim SDB
REM Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")

I added the REM on these lines. it at least looks as though it will work.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Unfortunately running as an admin and running with an admin account are two different things. Try right clicking the MM exe file and select run as administrator. Then try running the script. I know it works because it working for me on both of my win7 32 bit machines.

Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

I just moved the entire library to a new HDD and had to search my way to this solution. I was about to installed the script, when I noticed someone say that you should try to "locate missing tracks" before you ran this script...

As said as was done.....MM found all tracks and I'm updating 10340 of 14596 tracks as of right now. There, done! No need for a script, this was easy and not as big a hassle as I first feared.

Now begins the HASSLE of getting MM GUI back to the way it was and the way I like it.....

(Man it was easy doing that with Firefox and MozBackup!)
gggirlgeek

Re: [MM2+3] Change Drive-ID after moving Files to a new Driv

Post by gggirlgeek »

xoxoxoxoxox! You deserve a kiss. This worked brilliantly for me. I followed the guide here exactly http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer

I had to turn off file monitoring though. Go into the MediaMonkey.ini file in notepad and change "ScanOnStart1=1" to =0. Now it won't remove your old library references before you get a chance to fix them.

FYI: The reason for doing it this way instead of simply locating missing tracks is because MediaMonkey will delete the play count and other history kept for each file. This history is used for many cool things such as auto playlists and 100's of addon-script features. It also makes sorting your new tracks, and syncing your mp3 player a lot easier.
My current favorite software: MediaMonkey Gold!
mikeeve

Post by mikeeve »

Sebastian78 wrote: I was about to installed the script, when I noticed someone say that you should try to "locate missing tracks" before you ran this script...

As said as was done.....MM found all tracks and I'm updating 10340 of 14596 tracks as of right now. There, done! No need for a script,
Well, I just tried the script under Win 7 Home Premium (x64) and had no luck with the script. But 'locate missing tracks' found them all. I shouldn't have wasted time with the script since I don't care about play count and other stats. I didn't want to lose my playlist, and this did the trick.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Interesting because I use this script daily to move my database back and forth between my home and work computers, one is Win7 32 bit and the other is Win7 64 bit and it works flawlessly on both. Of course one caveat is both computers has their files in the same directory structure with the same drive letter. Not sure what difference this makes but I do not want to have to work through any issues with missing files and all that nonsense. I use dropbox to move the database and for any new tracks in the database. Although my home computer is the only one that adds files to the database or does any editing, my work computer is for listening to music only.

wormywyrm

Post by wormywyrm »

Thanks, I use this constantly. I have a PC, a laptop, and a computer connected to my television, and they all have media monkey on them. So whenever I update my music database on one I just copy and paste all the files (including the database file) to the other two computers and use your script on those computers and tada all 3 computers have my newest music, ratings, etc.
MM to Grooveshark Playlist Sync w/ MonkeyShark.
http://lysle.net/projects/monkeyshark.php
vitaliknyc

Post by vitaliknyc »

Two points:

1. This is a beautiful and useful script, it works perfectly with MM 3.2.4 on Windows 7 64-bit. Make sure to run MM as Administrator before invoking it.
2. Don't bother with "Locate Moved/Missing tracks" trick on large libraries (anything north of 50K files), it takes forever to complete and most likely will leave some artifacts.

Thanks a lot to author, 4+ years and still relevant.