Script Collection

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

JIm Zendrosky

Script Collection

Post by JIm Zendrosky »

Hello MediaMonkey Users & Fans,

I have been a Gold Member for years and push the product to anyone who has a music collection.

Last week I started having a number of problems with MM4 and decided that it was time to do a full uninstall followed by a clean install. I removed everything I could find related to MediaMonkey from my machine then ran a registry cleaner program. This seemed to do a great job. Actually too good of a job. I have an extensive music collection of more than 25k albums totaling more than 400k tracks. This collection took decades to compile and I have changed my album naming conventions more than once over the years. One thing I wanted to do was get rid of all of the leading zeroes from the older songs. Late one night or, more correctly, early one morning I was searching for a script to do just that and came across a collection of scripts that were packaged into one collection. You simply installed this one add-on and it gave you access to at least 50 scrips. Many of them were not that useful but there were a number that I have been relying on to help with the database normalization process. Besides the script that removed the offending leading zeroes there were others where you could select most any field and do a find and replace. Still others allowed you to append characters to the beginning or end of a selected field and many more of value. When I deleted and reinstalled MM4 I also unwittingly deleted the add-on as well. I have searched for this collection a number of times but have not been able to locate it again. Nor do I remember any person or company associated with this collection. And no I didn’t bookmark the webpage again being 3 AM or so when I came across it.

I understand that I have not given you too much to work with but does anyone have any information about this collection or hopefully where I may find it again?

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated by this more than embarrassed longtime MediaMonkey user.

Thank you,
Jim Z
rivorson

Re: Script Collection

Post by rivorson »

Sounds a lot like Zvezdan's RegExp Find & Replace.
https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =2&t=28510
JIm Zendrosky

Post by JIm Zendrosky »

Okay I'm more than impressed.

You are correct it is exactly the add-on I was looking for. As soon as I saw the name I remembered it. As for the number of scripts I now remembered that I deleted or hid a large number of the ones that I expected I would never use and reordered the remaining items to allow for easier management.

In any case right answer first off and I do thank you for the assist.

One question and one answer within an hour or so. Can't be more efficient than that. Well I guess this topic has served it's purpose.

Thank you again and be well.

Later,
Jim Z
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

JIm Zendrosky wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:45 pm As for the number of scripts I now remembered that I deleted or hid a large number of the ones that I expected I would never use and reordered the remaining items to allow for easier management.
That's probably a good idea. I left all of the defaults in and it always takes me longer that I would like to find that "remove leading zeroes" preset.
JIm Zendrosky

Post by JIm Zendrosky »

Well the find and replace and remove leading zero presets were my number 1 and number 2 renumbered items. Reading through the descriptions can be a bit confusing at times.

Now if MM would just do something with the cover art size. Even is there was a choice for small, medium or large that would be great. I don't mean to use a bad word here but I use JRiver Media Center for my high-definition FLAC files and being able to adjust the cover art size is real nice. I have DLNA servers for both MM4 and MC24. I host the mp3 files using MM4 and the FLAC files using MC24. Being an audiophile from the early 70s I am a bit picky when it comes to audio quality and the higher resolution FLAC files do sound better when served with the JRiver software. Not certain if it is a codex issue or what but there is a difference.

When it comes to editing the tag information it is MM all the way. Actually I have a copy of MM3 installed which I use just for editing the files. I find the older screen format easier to see. Great hearing and lousy vision has been the story of my life.