Undo Analyze Volume plugin - make undo permanent?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Pathduck

Undo Analyze Volume plugin - make undo permanent?

Post by Pathduck » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:56 am

Hi,
for years I've been using the very good 'Undo Analyze Volume' plugin/script for new files. It does exactly what it's supposed to - however it only changes the data in the library, not the files themselves.

If for instance I copy the files to another drive or outside the library, onto the phone etc, the volume tag is still present. I find it a bit annoying and want to find a way to remove the tags completely.

I've even had a look at the (relatively simple) VB code to try to figure out a way to make it permanent but had no luck so far... :oops:

It actually does

Code: Select all

Sng.UpdateDB
and

Code: Select all

Sng.WriteTags
but doesn't actually write the tags, from what I can see, the file dates are not modified and the tags are still present.

Any suggestions - alternate scripts, plugins or code changes needed?

Peke

Re: Undo Analyze Volume plugin - make undo permanent?

Post by Peke » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:39 am

Are you sure that you have full access to files, also you should add https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ssMessages and you should try https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... :UpdateAll as preffered in addition to see if Update Tags on edit is enabled in MMW options.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add Images to forum

Pathduck

Post by Pathduck » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks Peke,
so what you are saying is, the script using UpdateDB and WriteTags (or alternately UpdateAll), should indeed update the tags?

Because I am certain I have write access to the files. Also looking at the file timestamps, they are actually updated, contrary to what I said in the first post. However the tags do not seem to be removed, like I say if I copy the files outside the library and examine them in the My Computer view of MM, they are still there :o

Example:

But it's really strange - if examining the tracks in Foobar, looking at the properties, I can't find the Replaygain property at all. But looking at the same folder (outside the library) in MM, the track volumes are there.

Example, same files as above, track 06:

Maybe there's just something really basic about how Replaygain works I misunderstand?

Or is something wrong with the script?

Pathduck

Post by Pathduck » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:56 am

Oh and here are my settings in MM which should be relevant: