Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

All of this prove that we are all so different in our ways with ratings, and possibly why you do not find rating tools everywhere.

Can you hear "All we can do is to try to make it simple for the user to rate" in the wind?

Personally I try to leave special songs I LOVE alone on common days. Then whenever I want to open my chest of 'diamonds' I have some plays with them, and then leave them alone.

The 'Catch-Up' script will find these for me, and rate them high, and I may get nice surpices by finding songs I used to love, but have forgotten about. It just annoyes me that I didn't know about these things before I deleted my old database...
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Even a party does not last more than a day.... normally anyways..

Doing it by day.. you catch "day-flies"..... hot in the beginning of the week, but down the drain at the end of the week. That's a bit extreme.. but..
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep trying to get something that don't get that fast of drop off?
would be like trying to do a top of the charts for a week?

well wait a minute
didn't i see a post about that some place :lol: 8) :P :roll:

that is what the top of the charts i wanted to do is for catching the weekly drop offs as well as playing a top of the charts list.

because the songs are always changed at the next week so you would get only the songs played enough times to make it in the list.

thus cutting the weekly drop offs out of the list.? 8) sure only the party on the last day of the week would get the top of the charts.
but soon the word would get around how you do it and you would get more partys as your always playing what the people want.

see every thing i am trying to get monkey to do is to help others just like you that can sript. my trouble is i can't code? :( and i tend to rattle on too much some times and that confuses those of you that can do coding as to what i want? sorry? :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

With things like you mention in mind, I expanded the Catch-Up one to include Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Daily "Top 40" Lists, which you may find useful.

Just fiddely to do these things.... so it takes time....

This lists will also be good to use as a calibration tool. I sent you an unfinished one so you have something to play with while I'm stuffing around here.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Moved to another location.
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Fri May 19, 2006 6:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
confused

Post by confused »

this looks like it just makes an report? does it write the rate to the song tags also? :o
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Well, since this is the very first version, I'd like to step carefully.

When you open it, and play around, you just get a report of your favorite songs. However, if you're happy with the results of the 5.0 Star songs for example, go to the drop-down just above the 'Display Results' button', and select

Upgrade the Songs Ratings

and hit the Display Results, and you'll see all your 5.0 Star songs actually get rated 5.0 Stars...

You may find it a bit fun to play with. You get a report of your most favorite songs.... I've tried the lower levels, and with the current heavy duty calculations it may take a minute or two to create a report of these lower levels.

I'll be very interested to hear if these Appeal/Classical values agree with you. All this AutoRating stuff is not very common, and I haven't found any formula that made sence out on the Internet, so I made one. I'm interested to hear what results people may get...

Only do Upgrade of the Songs Ratings if you're really happy with the report. Actually I should have called that drop down "Display Report Only" instead of Display Results Only.... I'll do that after some sleep.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Actually, I think it maybe worth setting the default to Low for Classical Value..... runs much faster that way. I'll write that in the script section above.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay i sent you an email to your email account cause it has lots of stuff in it. and well ? i need my fingers slapped with that ruler again. :(

but your code works the way you want it to.

just not the way i want it too. :P :roll:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Like I mention before, I'll do a 'custom' for you, and I see you've done half the job yourself. Congrats!!

The reason for 2.5 to 5.0 Stars is to find the 'goodies' only. Songs you have played before and like.

I wanted to be very careful in the approach, and this script deal with only one rating level at the time, so the user can take it easy, and be sure to agree with the ratings before they are done.

You may want it to do it all, with no consideration to your own ratings, and that's an other ballgame. I have a look at the modifications you've done and complete it for you.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Actually when I think about it, this version maybe better for you need.
It's quite easy to set, and you can run trials as long as you keep the
RatingsUpdate = False
if you set this one to True, the trial results will actually be done to your collection.

For Roving Cowboy. Just save this file as something ending with .vbs, and doubleclick it to see results. Calibrate, and try again. When you're happy with your calibration, you can set RatingsUpdate = True, and it will be done.

You should also be able to run this one from Windows Scheduler, but I have not tested all this, but I'm sure you will :) BTW UseSingularDegrading do nothing in this script. That part is not finished in this version.

Code: Select all

Code removed. This one was just to heavy on the CPU
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Tue May 16, 2006 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay i got this one

you can take it down if you don't want anyone to get it and mess up their other ones.

does this one have a big steel ruler to come out of the computer tower and slap my fingers when i mess with it? that could be a handy feature in the script. :P
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

It's like that first 'dummy' version you got, this one is able to do the ratings.... so it's a bit more than a 'dummy'....... it's a blondie with a kick basically.... make it kick by setting the RatingsUpdate = True
I have so many versions I get confused myself here, but I believe this is the good one..
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

ah aha ha ah :roll: :P :lol:

blondie :roll: :P

you kill me with that and you don't know why?

the name of clint eastwood's character in his movies
"a fist full of dollars" and "for a few dollars more," was " blondie"

and that blondie had a huge kick ha ah. :P :lol:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Well, that's the kind of blondie it is :lol: