Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Post by Guest »

what was the post you seen jiri just said that in?

your welcome for the report.

RoVing cowboy / keith hall. :lol:

still not logged in today.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Naa, I misread it. It was about tracks metadata being modified - from Steegy's wishlist for functions for MM.

I just had quick read the scripting help file, and at this point I cannot find a simple way to figure out when a new song starts playing.

I would very much like to avoid loops, timers, and other waiting functions as it should not be needed. A simple 'do this when a new song starts to play. command is on the Wanted list.

Anyone who knows how?

Added: It may not be the Trigger that does it, basically I do not know, and if anyone does, please share your view. I do not use any of those programs you mentioned roving cowboy!

Post by Guest »

it tossed this error to me some time in the last couple hours, i did not see when since i was online but i got it now and came back to post it for you to read, i have no idea what it means,
it was while using the code that is the one before i did the first beta report.
script autoratesongs.vbs
line 28
char 1
error input past end of file
code 800A003E
source microsoft vbsscript runtime error

roving cowboy / keith hall 8)
not logged in again
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I spend a moment cleaning it up a bit, so experienced scripters may get improvements ideas.

Code: Select all

REMOVED
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

wow what service i post the error report and a minute later i get the updated script :o :lol: 8)

and peke thought he was fast. :roll:

roving cowboy / keith hall.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Roving cowboy, that is a very useful error message.

I started to suspect that certain memory variables may collide due to they are popular memory variables in MM scripts around here.

In the 'cleaned' version, I made sure that every variable had AR_ before it, so it is unique for this script.

That may actually have been the problem. Could you kindly try the latest version. Simply copy it from here, and paste it over your current version.

You can now set hours easy in there.. and it's worth knowing that this script starts every time a new song start. So you can simply copy/paste save and play a new song. No need to close MM or anything.

Post by Guest »

will do but it will take some time maybe til the end of the day to make sure as i play about 10 playlists all day and they change on the hour.

i have jingles and sound effects that don't get playcounts and so there might be some more stuff show up but not likely as this is the only thing that showed up so far.

i think that error might just be the thing that was messing with the winscripts too so i will check that out as well. 8)

roving cowboy / Keith hall.

Post by Guest »

it did not take that long after all for that vbs error

it seems to be fixed because just running another vbs file by double clicking on it, no longer makes multiple winscripts in the task manager.

how ever if i run the djamp program then the error is back in full force.

what the djamp does i think is mess with the same thing that the auto rate script does, for checking the now playing song.

djamp is a app that was made to control what songs are played by winamp. but it works on monkey also. so that seems to be the area it is messing up on. because djamp changes the songs just a little slower then monkey so it changes the songs twice in one second or so. that might be crashing djamp by way of autorating trying to run its scripts to check that first song that was skipped over in one second.

that would put a new winscript in the task manager when it crashed and tried to restart, which would then lock up djamp as it can not run to instantces of the djamp program, and it controls the msagent it uses for the dee jay by an winscript.

so what can be done about the too fast of song changing? i can not contact the djamp author he is not working on it anymore,
so i am thinking maybe

a line in the auto rate to make it ignore songs that have been changed in 5 seconds or less?

just checked i left the winscript running and it has changed 5 songs and still only has one winscript listed as running so you fixed that.

which makes one step closer for me on my dj error as it is the only one i seem to have now. but its only been about a half hour. will know more in a couple playlist changes.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Good to hear that cleaning of the script helped fixed those problems

Hope you manage to crack some sort of solution with djamp. Maybe by a pause/sleep line somewhere...

Maybe someone here would know where to put a pause/sleep line, so this would work with djamp. Either in the trigger or the script itself.

Not sure how to test this situation myself.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Good news, I just found that the trigger is not needed!!

I'll post a new version after some sleep..

Added: Without the trigger, I tried to skip through a whole album as fast as I could and every track got rated....... cool.....
Next may be to get an option/button somewhere, so it can be turned off and on in an easy way. May become 'public' by Easter! :D
judas

Post by judas »

I like the idea and the discussion behind it...will try the new version when posted and talk back....

cheers DiddeLeeDoo...keep it up!!
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Here's the latest version with following improvements.

1. Now allow for quick sample a song without rating
2. Now manage well without the Trigger used before.
3. Just added a function that make sure that rating under 0 do not happen

If you have tried previous version, please exit MM and remove or rename the file
\Scripts\Auto\SongPlayTrigger.vbs
And the [songplaytrigger] section in the \scripts\scripts.ini file

To try the new version here's install procedure. Exit MM, and add this section to \scripts\scripts.ini

REMOVED
Then the script itself. Should be \Scripts\AutoRateSongs.vbs

REMOVED
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
judas

Post by judas »

wow that was lightning fast...

wow what service i post the error report and a minute later i get the updated script

and peke thought he was fast.

:-) will try now.

Post by Guest »

well i came back to say there was no errors all day in that script but the one causing djamp to mess up.

now i have to say again wow is that fast.

i have to wait until thursday morning to find out if the new script will cause trouble with djamp as it is only timed for use in the day time.

(don't want no yapping djay when i am trying to sleep, just nice smooth sound 8) )

it looks like this is no longer an automatic script. since it does not go in the auto folder.

which will make it one that can be used at will through the scripts menu under the monkeys tool menu.

that is cool if it is that way i can disable the djamp and run the script then reenable the djamp.

that will wait for me to get some sleep first also.

nice to see that others are wanting to use it. just remember anything i said about its use for a weekly top of the charts rating script, requires the computer user to use the play counter increment reset script and reset all the play counts to zero, the count would really work best that way.

but there does seem to be some other place it gets counts from as the farther back in time you go the more star's the rating gets even after you reset the play counter.

not sure where that informaiton is found but it finds it some place?

i put up with it but its not the most accurate rating becuase of that other information being found, but it is the best one with monkey.

for their first scripting project DiddeLeeDoo is to be congradulated as this is a great first scripting project it shows they can do lots more when they learn more. maybe a new software company in the making?

now just who will be the head of the company there are so many great scripters here in the monkey's forums.
:P

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you roving cowboy! Nice to get more than personal satisfaction with getting this to work.

As I mentioned in the script heading, if you go too far back in time, you'll get overrated songs, especially when you play songs 24/7!!.

Try 24hours or something like that, instead of 168.

With 24 or 48 or 1 hour for that matter, you get your current mood reflected in the ratings.

Another script is needed for checking play history, and maybe rate the whole collection of songs. This is an other ballgame. This kind of script would only be able to do from 2.5 Star and up, due to there's no record of skips being done in the history.