Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Teknojnky wrote:if you update tags/art while a track is playing, the script will rate the track down.
I just saw that too... in a weird way I think that's cool, as it means the script is very light footed, and run very efficient... a bit too light at the moment though:)

Easy fixed, and I'll sort that out.. thanks for pointing this out.!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Probably has to do with MediaMonkey stopping/pausing a song to update the tags.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Yes, I notice it stops the songs, update, then try to go back to where it were.

I've put checks in the script, to avoid this, and it works well now. Just have to check if I got it all right now, and will post after a bit of testing.

I'm less sleepy today :)

Find it overrides manual ratings done while playing too... shouldn't do that... i'll fix that too... got that fixed too.... a bit more testing, and I'll update AutoRateSongs.vbs here.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

had power outages today.

back on now for good i hope.

looks like this autorate is getting lots of updates must be

good updates right? :lol: more toys to play with?

will wait and see what it looks like when you post the new version.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Hi Roving Cowboy, glad you didn't get fried in the storm last night!

Anyways, I've optimized the AutoRateSongs.vbs a LOT and currently do some final testing.. there were some issues when you change properties on a song that's currently playing.

Instead of just fixing this, I ran through that script letter for letter again, and have reorganized it completely! Should be fast as lightning now :wink:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

New version of AutoRateSongs.vbs posted.... I've tested it a fair bit, and I think it's all right now.

Guess I could sit here for a weeks testing various if's and but's, however it would be great if you just try it, and report problems..
Paven

Post by Paven »

Lovely script, likes the help i get to rate the songs,

the option text is confusing thou, minimum implice that it will not get lower than that amount of stars, but it will if skipped.

question:
what is Radio Anouncer??

/Paven

by the way, put my settings to

i have alot of music and plays it at random, AutoDJ or AudioScrobler, most the time, this seting would proberbly help me the most.. and proberbly but most my songs at 2.5 or lower if i don't rate them hier my self.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Radio Announcer... must be me being carried away... :lol:
If you happen to have a WinXP machine, you can try it, but Microsoft Sam is not a very good 'Radio Voice' (Basically requires SAPI5)

It is a Text To Speech announcing of the song playing next. Personally I love that feature, and it's there to try... It hog a bit of power on my machine when it speaks, so at a later point this can be optimized too I guess.

Yesterday we tried to find ways improve the language and layout in the option sheet.. any help is appreciated, as my native language is not english, but even so, it's a bit hard to explain these computer codes in a way that 'clicks'...

All this stuff is relatively new, so I look forward to how it works out for other than me. A catch-up script is on my todo list, whenever this one is finished..
This catch-up script will give a good guide in calibrating these things right.
Paven

Post by Paven »

Anying voice, but quite good fore me.
I always go around wondering what the hel i am listening to, since i have alot of music and almost no idee about what artist, or song name my good and bad songs has. :) thanx
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I'm gonna hold off on using the new one of this script.

i want to keep the rating i have for the songs now.

so i will wait for the catch up script to see what that will do.

if it keeps the ratings for me all set like i want them
then i can come back here and get this new version

because i am wanting to use all the stars.
how ever i am trying to find out if there is an offical broadcasters

standard for the ratings and will post back here what it is
if there is any.

if there is one then i would think it better to use the offical ratings standards.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Yes, I think the 'Catch-Up' version would be much more suited for your need.

This keep ratings updated script is basically a short-term script. If you get a new album today that you love.. than it will be rated properly as you go.

The Catch-up one, will take care of the other album you also love, but bought 8 weeks ago..... or a year ago... anyways.... I'll get that finished and may send you a tester Roving Cowboy.. :) Just need a bitsy little break, but may have that catch-up one ready by this weekend.

What I would like is that the user get a lot of options and information before actually doing the whole collection in one go... otherwise I think no-one would really dare to use it...

BTW you got pretty good results with that 'dummy-catch-up' script you tried before, I can send you a 'do-it' script if you like.... just PM and I'll send the do-it script to you. But if there's no hurry, it's just a matter of some days I guess..
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no hurry get some sleep. 8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I've been told by a good dj that no such rating standard is in use by the broadcasting stations,

so basicly we can make our own.

i went and did a little math, on the subject and since every one seems to be wanting a one play a day rating, and it seems to be for a few days to a week mostly. then i got the caculator out and did some math with some rounding up here is what i sent to diddeleedoo.

on a 7 day 7 plays basis for a 5 star rating. i figured i need a good number to work with so it went this way.

7 x 7 = 49 divided by 5 = 9.8 rounded up to even number of 10

then figure the 7 plays to get a star on the scale i divided then rounded up the numbers to get this.

5 stars for 10 plays
4.5 stars for 9 plays
4 stars for 8 plays
3.5 stars for 7 plays
3 stars for 6 plays
2.5 stars for 5 plays
2 stars for 4 plays
1.5 stars for 3 plays
1 star for 2 plays
0.5 stars for 1 play
0.0 stars for 0 plays.

yes i did that by a caculater and was shocked when i wrote out the numbers i could have dont that good with out the caclulator?

but what about using that since it is working on the one play a day one rating theroy. most you could get at a week of playing for once a day would be the 3.5 stars.

which gives you 3 manual selections of the song to make it go to a 5 star rating so you can have 3 requests for that song in a week and that would put it in the 5 stars.

if a song is really liked for 5 stars you will end up playing it more then 10 times a week.

8)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

If you *really* like a song, you will manually rate it anyway! 8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

true but i was just trying to get the autorating to do it so we don't have too before a party.

but with the above you still have to select the song but as i said if you get requests you would be selecting it anyway and i know party goers are going to request a song if they like it.

8)