Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:37 am

Just for the fun of it, I've started coding.

Code: Select all

REMOVED
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:34 am

Well, if you skip a songs you could also rate it by rightclick...

I'd rather like a script which automatically updates the rating if you listen to it than one that analyzes the last played. Bad idea?

Big_Berny

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:20 am

Big_Berny wrote:automatically updates the rating if you listen to it
That is exactly what I had focus on today. Version 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 :wink: of the AutoRate script do exactly that. If you have 4 complete plays of a song during the last 24 hours, the above script will upgrade the rating with half a Star. However the script is not to be trusted, as it fails to mark somewhere that it upped the Rating. (apart from the rating field)

Maybe rovingcowboy's idea of deleting the records of these 4 plays used to rate the song to set the 'clock back to zero' after doing a rating upgrade.

I didn't understand where and how you should get the program to register a double-click, but I'm sure that's possible too somehow? I believe you do scripted so maybe you see these things differently than I do. I have very little experience in scripting.

I use FoxyTunes for Firefox to skip tracks I do not like, and also a Remote Control (using an XBox) to skip tracks 3 rooms away from the MusicComputer (open house living). Basically I skip tracks when having no focus on MM.

It's these skips I would like the computer to learn by, and reduce the chance for the song to play again.

psyXonova

Post by psyXonova » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:47 am

DiddeLeeDoo wrote: I use FoxyTunes for Firefox to skip tracks I do not like, and also a Remote Control (using an XBox) to skip tracks 3 rooms away from the MusicComputer (open house living). Basically I skip tracks when having no focus on MM.
Hmm, although I will be out of subject i would like to know how you use your XBox allong with MM.
As for the scripts looks like a promising idea, although you have to be very cautious when creating a script that alters your metadata, especially if it does that by itself.....

As for doubleclick behavior... you cant register doubleclick inside MM but you can make your scipt start everytime time a playback starts and thus whenever a track is skipped (but you should check wheter it was skipped, or it just finished normally)

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:04 am

psyxonova wrote:XBox allong with MM
Using the WAWI plug-in, and a simple 3 line Python script in the XBox(XBMC)

import urllib,urllib2 , re
Base_URL = "http://192.168.0.1:90/next"
WebSock = urllib.urlopen(Base_URL)
i get MM to skip a track remotely. I'd like a RF remote control but I manage with this at the moment.

I realize a lot of care needs to be taken, and that's why I put first outcast 'on the table' just to get started with something.

Thank you by the way for posting your script. I found that very helpful!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:04 am

try putting a fake check code in

like if AR=200 then RATE Script:

or make it check the rate script sub when an onexit or onerror happens?
will that work? its like putting a broken section of code in the script to stop it from running unless started by a form button.

and put RATE Script: up someplace in the script and have it coded to do nothing like

sub
RATE Script:

end sub.

not sure if that will work but its worth a try? i have some such vbs scripts on my pages with the broken code in and a form button to start it.
i just can't remember off hand how it was put in the script with out looking at it. but i know it is a broken section of code that is called by the script instead of the onload command then the form button calls up the proper section when click on.

of course how to get that working in this auto running script is unknown by me.

roving cowboy / keith hall.
not logged in today.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:28 am

Rowingcowboy: I was trying using Subs but it didn't work, but I've found other ways around it, I think.. yet to be tested.

I'm hoping to make it happen on as few lines as possible, and make it use only what's available in the MM-Database, without using any Custom fields, or modifiy anything but the rating field. Hopefully without fakes too. :wink:

I just heard a 'crack' in the nut here... :lol: . Script now do Hours instead of Days, and it has been trimmed down a fair bit. Doing the 'skip' stuff at the moment. If I get to something that is ready for 'beta' I'll post it here, with some install instructions.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:54 pm

oh okay it was just an idea of what might work.

thanks for posting the install instructuions when you get it up?

i tried using that above one in both the auto folder and the scripts folder
and it did not work in either one of them. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:49 pm

Idea drop.
If not rated, then set rating to 2.5 stars

If rating currently is 2.5 Star or lower then
If survived 1 complete plays over 1 hour then upgrade to 3.0 Star (you tolerate it)
If survived 2 complete plays over 1 hour then upgrade to 3.5 Star (you like it)
If survived 3 complete plays over 1 hour then upgrade to 4.0 Star (good track hey)
If survived 4 complete plays over 1 hour then upgrade to 4.5 Star (Love it)
End if

If Skipped then downgrade 1/2 Star

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:58 am

Just to show the progress really.

Code Removed... doing a bit of testing and will then share.
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:07 am

Ok, I take the chance of sharing this one. Have done limited testing so if you want to give it a go, consider yourself as a beta tester :)

REMOVED
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:26 am

I just relized when I deleted my C:\lastsong file the script complains
I could need some help with. 'Create File if Not Excist' Anyone?

Fixed thanks to onkel_enno
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:45 am

if fso.FileExists(...) then
 Set f = fso.OpenTextFile(..., 2, True)
else
 Set f = fso.CreateTextFile(..., True)
end if
SansaMonkey - for SanDisk Sansa and Rockbox Users

Please no PMs for Questions which should be asked in the Forum. Thx

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:04 am

Thank you onkel_enno!!!!
I just modified the script above to allow the first ever song to be skipped by the rating system....

confused

Post by confused » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:24 am

okay i am confused?
you said you fixed the script for if file notexist?

then the code is in different post?
did you put it in the huge code above? or do we need to and where do we put it in the code?

or do we just copy the code now as it is already for use?