Auto..Weekly top of charts list script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Ok, I've read your previous message a few times, and I start to get it...

As you know, I do not use playlists the way you're doing, so that maybe why I have a bit difficulty understanding what you want.

But I can see ways to do this, and just for the fun of it I'll give it a shot too.

I see you already have received some fine contribution from Trixmoto!

I believe you've been wanting to solve this problem for awhile ?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Cool, learned something there too. I use some exe files to automate tasks on the computer, and to get programs to do certain things at certain situations, triggered by various things, and some for the scheduler..

I have not tried to run a script 'outside' the monkey before.. something new to play with :)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I think roving cowboy needs to lay off the cowboy crack!

8)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:

I believe you've been wanting to solve this problem for awhile ?

since pablo first posted his script on this date

Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:50 pm

so its been a while since i been trying to figure it out and could not..

i asked a couple times before but did not get any help. i am glad you and

trixmoto took up the request this time.

trixmoto was not in the forum for very long the last time i asked for help on it so he was just new at scripting for monkey like you are.

he went gangbusters on scripts and it looks like you are going be getting lots of requests also since your great at it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Teknojnky wrote:I think roving cowboy needs to lay off the cowboy crack!

8)

:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

This forum is a fun place to be :D
confused

Post by confused »

okay so it looks like your getting it fixed to work so what is all the things we need to make it give us the top 40 playlists now?

:o :-?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Top 40 playlists!! wow, I think I have one :lol:

So a report on the most used playlists during a week is what is also wanted, or maybe that was what was wanted in the first place... I don't know :roll:
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:Top 40 playlists!! wow, I think I have one :lol:

So a report on the most used playlists during a week is what is also wanted, or maybe that was what was wanted in the first place... I don't know :roll:
That was my understanding... why cowboy makes it so complicated, I don't know..
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

There you go.... I didn't register that at all, sorry about that!

I do not use playlists, but I'll make up some just to have a play with that too. The layout of the MM system is quite impressive, and fun to play with!
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I just took away that 'Set PlayCounter to Zero' script. Feel better for it too, as it seems this is going in another direction at the moment.
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay okay i'll try to make it more easy for you teknojnky? gee.

read my signature I ' ain't ny hand nuff ed you kay shun an aint a guude pro crahmmer don't ya knowed.

ha ha ha ha :lol:

Okay I am sorry for all the people that have to use a languge translator to understand the english post.

the above translated from american redneck hillbilly to american english is as follows.

i have not been trainned and am not a good programmer yet..

please forgive my back slide in to the old language. some times i just lose grip and slide in to it.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Now for the important post i want to make.

I have found the Error In the script on the windows 98 computer

and it is not made from the orginal 4 script authors. it is a mistake i put in when i was trying to get the script to do what i wanted. i put it in so long ago i thought it was part of the script and never took it back out.

the orignal script posted in the first message on this thread will reset all the play counts back to zero, the only thing you need to do is add my type O in to the script.

then you can change them all to zero by just clicking on the links to run that script manualy.

here is the typo you need to add to get it to change to zero

Code: Select all

= 
that's it just the equal mark where the code says to set the count to

just make it say

= -1 
that will make it error out and change it to zero.

see i tell you i am not a programmer :o [/b]
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

confused wrote:okay so it looks like your getting it fixed to work so what is all the things we need to make it give us the top 40 playlists now?

:o :-?
confused. all you need to make the top 40 playlist is listed below.

1. to change the playcounter to zero to keep the proper count for the week.
to do that you need the code in the first message in this thread if you want to do it manualy just add the typo i just posted in the proper place so it will change the count to zero.

2. make a autoplaylist. tell it to sort by the last date played. and then by the playcount. so the highest counted songs will be listed on top the list.
then tell the autoplaylist to only check back over the last seven days. that is needing the gold version to do that feature of the list. or go to the message here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 2644#42644 and get that code to add in to the database. that is from steegy it will go back seven days and only show 59 minutes worth of songs in the playlist, but you need to beable to open the monkeys database. it is easier just to have the gold version of monkey.

3. make the playlist run automatic you need the last code in this thread that trixmoto adjusted, and set a task scheduler to start it once a week so the codes are changed, of course monkey has to be already running to start a script like that. oh and the typo i posted above also needs to be put in that script from trixmoto. or it will not reset the count to zero.

4. the ratings is nothing to do with this script for the top playlists? not yet anyway diddeleedoo might make it work like that ?

so that is all you need as of now. it might be compiled in to a single script by some one like diddeleedoo or one of the others. but now it is number 1 and 2 and 3 in this message.

8)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Why can't a script simply calculate the top 40 songs played within the last week without reseting play counts?