Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

smooth1975

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by smooth1975 »

ok after some head scratching and a stiff drink i have it all working it seems. thanks for your time nohitter... you were a huge help!
svenni

Post by svenni »

May you live forever for this one! Love it. Works like a charm.
Music is great!
MM with:
AutoAccRate 2.4.2, Blue Monkey 2.1, Backup 5.1, AutoAlbumDJ 3.5, Last100.. node, ClearNowPlayingButton 1.2, Monkey Rok, Last FM DJ and Scrobbler that scrobbles!
roupp

How to Uninstall Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by roupp »

I've uninstalled the MiniLyrics program. However, the Embedder program is still in MM and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It continues to annoy me by stating that it can't find the MiniLyrics program (the one I uninstalled). I also have deleted the DLL and EXE file from the Auto Scripts folder along with removing the reference in the INI file, what's next?

Please help!
nohitter151

Re: How to Uninstall Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 »

roupp wrote:I've uninstalled the MiniLyrics program. However, the Embedder program is still in MM and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It continues to annoy me by stating that it can't find the MiniLyrics program (the one I uninstalled). I also have deleted the DLL and EXE file from the Auto Scripts folder along with removing the reference in the INI file, what's next?

Please help!
You should just go to the control panel and remove Minilyrics embedder from Add/remove programs. If that doesn't work, reinstall it then uninstall from the control panel again.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

i used this way back when. if you look back in '06 I have the first post :wink:

it just doesnt seem to work anymore.

I tried to set it up for my brother and I i can get is a multitude of errors
MediaMonkey Gold member
Wander

Post by Wander »

This morning MiniLyrics said it was recommended to update, so I did this, however this plugin doesn't work anymore now
Is there any way to fix it?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Wander wrote:This morning MiniLyrics said it was recommended to update, so I did this, however this plugin doesn't work anymore now
I noticed the new version changes your skin. Change the skin away from fantasy and it should be fine.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Balinsky wrote:i used this way back when. if you look back in '06 I have the first post :wink:

it just doesnt seem to work anymore.

I tried to set it up for my brother and I i can get is a multitude of errors
What errors? Try changing the skin (minilyrics skin) + restarting MM - also make sure opacity is set to 100%

Wabder

Post by Wabder »

nohitter151 wrote:
Wander wrote:This morning MiniLyrics said it was recommended to update, so I did this, however this plugin doesn't work anymore now
I noticed the new version changes your skin. Change the skin away from fantasy and it should be fine.
Thank you very much! This indeed solved the problem :)
sa_ill

Post by sa_ill »

I get minilyrics...but I cant seem to embed it....its a separate window
When on view I select mini lyrics panel...it just shows a blank panel

any solutions?
FifthE1ement

Post by FifthE1ement »

nohitter151 THANK YOU that worked for the most part! The issue is now that upon each start I have to change my skin to the Winamp skin and then back to the windows skin? The lyrics app starts but the embedded window does not work on start up and right clicking does nothing? The only way to get it to work is as I said above by going to the options, plug-in config, and by changing the skin to the Winamp (first in list) then back to Windows. Once that is done the embedded player magically works again, lol. This all arose from the update although I remember having an issue getting the embedded player to work correctly on first install. Also I used to be able to hide the title bar but now I can't? Man I wish I hadn't updated as it wasn't worth it. BTW I'm using your ZuneSkin modified (see more info below). Even though it has been modified even the default skin and your original skin don't work normally with the Minilyrics. Basically the same issue the guy above me posted is having. See images below for better explanation of issues:

PS: Hey nohitter151 I hope you don't mind I slightly modified your ZuneSkin (Original) theme? The updated skin maintains all of your original work mainly only changes the list colors. The list colors were made lighter with the addition of alternating grid lines for easier reading. And the last change was made to selection highlights which are now dark with light letting which works well with the new lighter list colors. All of these changes really keep with your original theme, which is the best of any, while also making it a bit lighter and easier on the eyes. I would be more than happy to send you a copy to add to the downloads section if you like. It took me some time to get all of the colors for the grids and selections right so I’m very proud of being able to make such a great theme even better! I've included some images for you to see a contrast. I call the new version “ZuneSkin Lite” in accordance with your original naming scheme. Also the new version does not have the multiple versions such as Slim, SP, etc. Although the original Float and Micro players which were included in the original theme are still there. Thanks for all your hard work!

[Split-Image Comparison]
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9813 ... ompqg4.png <= Click to see larger image...

EDIT: After a restart the title bar was gone and the MiniLyrics embedded seems to work fine. The issue is now that the LRC tray icon won't go away and starts when Media Monkey starts? It is the blue "LRC" icon in the tray which allows you to change the lyrics options of MediaMoneky. I have it set in the options to hide all (Show MiniLyrics in "None") but no matter what I set it to it only shows in the tray and always. I have tried to manually set the ini file option "ShowIconOn=" to "3" but that also doesn't work? What can I do? I have tried uninstalling the embedded plug-in and then the MiniLyrics app but after a reinstall the issues above reappear and then this additional issue again? Perhaps an update to the embedded player, which hasn't been updated in years is in order? I also think the above issues have to be fixed or add a restart to the install instructions perhaps, if that indeed was the issue? I love this app and I have gotten all of my friends to switch so I only wish the best for it! Also all of my friends love your skin with the additional grid changes! Keep up the great work!

Regards,

FifthE1ement 8)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

I can't speak in the name of nohitter.
But I think this declination of zune theme looks really nice.
And readability looks improved.

Also welcome to the forum FifthE1ement and
Happy new year! :D

Ah, and for the tray icon I'm not able reproduce. The tray doesn't appear when
the corresponding option is selected. :-?
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I've had ML embedded and working just fine for a couple of months. Today the embedder seems to not work. I get an error message telling me ML can't be embedded, but then the embedded panel shows up. Without any working lyrics, though.

The only thing I can see that is different is that I installed Stations. Could that be the problem? If so or if not, what do I do now?

Also, upon start up, I continue to get a different skin than was there when I closed MM (iTunes Mode). And right clicking on ML and changing skins, does not load the colors for that skin, I'm guessing it's a default color. The only way to change the skin and color together is to right click and go into preferences. Kinda defeats the purpose of the right click shortcut.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Hi guys, it's me again!

I really love MiniLyrics and I've used it for quiet a time now but now I've found a serious issue and I can't fix it. Whenever I type in lyrics into the "Songtext Editor" window and I type a "d" the "download songtext" window pops up and interrupts me when I'm typing a songtext! :evil: Is there any way to fix this? I didn't have this problem a few days ago and I didn't install anything in this time ... so: What's goin on? and How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Compatibility with Mediamonkey is broken since version 3.1 build1207

See the "relevant thread"
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)