Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 »

Drewbie wrote:once installed how do u change the miniLyrics settings
what if I want to search for the lyric or upload
or use the lyric editor
it seems this embed thing is useless
all it does is remove the taskbar button
(which is appreciated )
however the functionality of the app is totally lost once you embed it
I would also argue that the floating lyrics mode looks better anyway

So until someone can tell me how to access the minilyrics settings and functions
while the bar is embedded I would suggest not embedding and just floating the
lyrics in unless you just dont care and most people proly dont ... so for them it's still useful

So is it possible to access the MiniLyrics settings and functions when embeded ???????
You can use the quicklaunch icon or simply right-click in the embedder window where minilyrics appears. The add-on certainly isn't useless, it's great to have Minilyrics embedded into the MM window itself, as some people (myself included) only want to see the lyrics when MediaMonkey is up.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Drewbie wrote: So is it possible to access the MiniLyrics settings and functions when embeded ???????
Simply right click inside the panel.

Edit: too slow for nohitter!
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Drewbie

Post by Drewbie »

ohhh ok I finally got it

the thing was giving me ....
Error#429: MS VBscript runtime error. Active X component cant create object MMEmbedder.Instance
and some other thing

does anyone know how to fix this ????

all that I could find to do was to run as administrator
which works great I just checked the box in properties to run as admin

now when I start MM there is no error and the minilyrics taskbar button is gone (ie embedded)
and I can even switch to floating style and turn the panel off which is just what I want

I just wanted to say that I did more or less get the thing working the way I want
and that it required running as an administrator which I would sort of rather not do if thats possible
but in the end the taskbar button for minlyrics is gone , I can still access the editor and other features so I'm happy and the embedder is not useless
just not very robust (it gets stuck alot) but who cares .... YAY it werx Thanx guys !!!!! keep up the goods

now someone just needs to write a script to convert all these downloaded text files to .lrc files so that they dont just sit there doing nothing
(after conversion delete the original text file to help save space .... I have hundreds of gigs of music and the kbs do add up)...Thanx in advance to whoever writes this script ..... dont worry about trying to sync tracks , just have each line display for 10 seconds. As time goes by unsynced songs come up and you notice the lyrics fly by and if its a song I care for I will then sync it up so dont worry about that just a script to put a time stamp and change the extension
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You don't need any script to convert .txt to .lrc files, you can manually sync the lyrics in Minilyrics. That's the whole point of the program! Then you can upload your lyrics to the ML server so other users can download them! I've already uploaded over 1000 tracks myself.

Bingo123

Post by Bingo123 »

Having problems loading minilyrics. I first downloaded and installed the embedded file and opened MM. Received an error and can not figure out how to uninstall it now. What do I need to do to remove minilyrics so that I do not continue to receive annoying error messages everytime I open MM?
Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Bingo123 wrote:Having problems loading minilyrics. I first downloaded and installed the embedded file and opened MM. Received an error and can not figure out how to uninstall it now. What do I need to do to remove minilyrics so that I do not continue to receive annoying error messages everytime I open MM?
Thanks.
You uninstall Minilyrics via the Control Panel (Start > Control panel > Add/remove programs)

Mam

Post by Mam »

Have updated to the latest MM installed, cannot get ML to start when MM opens.
Have tried new and old ML.
Have removed and reinstalled many times, incl the embedder many times in different orders.
If I try with Windows media player, no problem ML starts.

Without a ML that starts, no embedding. No choice to change skin. Love the software, just can't use any more with MM.
Used to work fine with older versions, any ideas?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Mam wrote:Have updated to the latest MM installed, cannot get ML to start when MM opens.
Have tried new and old ML.
Have removed and reinstalled many times, incl the embedder many times in different orders.
If I try with Windows media player, no problem ML starts.

Without a ML that starts, no embedding. No choice to change skin. Love the software, just can't use any more with MM.
Used to work fine with older versions, any ideas?
The only reason it wouldn't open with MM is if the Minilyrics plugin isn't present in the MM program files directory (plugins folder), which would be the result of a Minilyrics installation that didn't go right.

Cor19

Post by Cor19 »

Thank you
cycogerm

Post by cycogerm »

I am unable to do item #4 in the installation list and therefore I get a blank page.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

cycogerm wrote:I am unable to do item #4 in the installation list and therefore I get a blank page.
Use the Minilyrics tray icon instead then. You can also change the skin from there. After the skin is changed to a compatible one, MM has to be restarted before the embedding can work.

cycogerm

Post by cycogerm »

It's all good. I figured it out.
cycogerm wrote:I am unable to do item #4 in the installation list and therefore I get a blank page.
modtang

Post by modtang »

I finally got this working just the way I wanted it to and I love it. :D

If anyone is having major problems or they've stuffed up their settings, just find your user settings folder (in Windows 7 it's C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MiniLyrics) and delete everything from it. You will have to re-enter your registration info, or copy it over (it's the lines between Hue=0 and DefaultSkinWnd=minilyrics). I had to do it because I resized the window weirdly and no lyrics were showing up no matter what I did. You'll lose customizations but if you're desperate, it works.
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Is there a way to remove the titlebar from the window?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Right click in window, uncheck Show Title bar.