Folders appear empty using DLNA and LG BluRay BD590

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ckosloski

Folders appear empty using DLNA and LG BluRay BD590

Post by ckosloski »

I have Media Monkey setup for sharing. I can see the Media Monkey media server on my LG BD590 BluRay player. When I drill down in any folder (movies, songs, playlists), they all appear empty.

I have already changes the port to 4000 and verified I can access the songs be browsing through Media Monkey.

I have checked my router log and my firewall logs and don't see any request being blocked going to or from the ip of my BluRay.

Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: Folders appear empty using DLNA and LG BluRay BD590

Post by Lowlander »

Check Auto-Conversion tab and make sure the rules are set correctly. Only supported formats (after conversion rules have been applied) will be shown on your UPnP Device.

Also make sure you're in the correct section on the UPnP Device. Many have sections for video, music, and photos and won't show content of the other section (so video won't show music files).
ckosloski

Post by ckosloski »

I looked at the manual for the BluRay and setup the supported formats as follows:

Audio: M4A, MP3, MP4, WAV, WMA
Video: AVI, MKV, MP4

I tried checking all check boxes in the "Convert Streaming media files to the following formats" section and the folders still appear as empty.

The BluRay is supposed to be able to view music/video and photos all from the same spot.

In the "status" section, I can see the BluRay accessing the various folders and the status is "Accepted". Not sure what to try next.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log (step 4b) to support generated while the device is trying to access files: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69