Library changed

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

DavidAdamson

Library changed

Post by DavidAdamson »

I had followed the instructions to share a library on a networked drive between several computers. All was working well. Recently, I recently upgraded to 4.1.6 from 4.1.4 and MediaMonkey insisted on upgrading my library. Once it was finished, my library had been hugely changed, many entries not there and a whole set of categories no longer present.

I noticed, that in my shared location for the library I had MM.db and MM.db.Pre4 both with filedates which were that day - presumably the .Pre4 file is a backup. I've no idea why it should say Pre4 since it had been used with 4.1.6 for some time. However, I've tried uninstalling 4.1.6 and installing 4.1.4 and using the .Pre4 library (deleting the newer MM.db and renaming MM.db.Pre4 to MM.db) with the shared library (ie keeping the old .ini file with the network path for the library location). This hasn't worked - 4.1.4 has insisted on upgrading my library too.

When it "finishes" the library upgrade also throws up an error on the track most recently played and this error can only be closed by using Task Manager to end the task. The error says "Assertion failure (M:\Sources\MediaMoneky\MP3Datab\SQLiteDB.pas line 2311". This is odd, becuase there is no drive M on my computer, real or mapped.

I spent a lot of time getting this library the way I wanted it and I'd dearly love to be able to get it back (or at least, not have this problem occur again).
nohitter151

Re: Library changed

Post by nohitter151 »

open a support ticket and provide them with your DB and pre4 files
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.