DLNA stops playing after first track

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ecurbh

DLNA stops playing after first track

Post by ecurbh »

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago on my old WinXP computer, but was never able to solve it before I replaced the computer early last year. Now on Win7 with MM 4.1.10.

Up until a few weeks ago, I was able to play my MM library through a Panasonic Bluray BDT210 player. Now for some reason, whenever I try to play content, only the first track plays... the second track stays on 0:00. I have to back out to the file list and resume playback on the next track. Which is rather annoying when I want to list to a whole album or playlist.

In looking at the server log, I noticed an oddity that corresponds with when this change occurred. The playlist names in the hierarchy changed from the actual ones to hash-looking ones. Screenshot linked below.

http://i.imgur.com/jokZXzr.png

I can't think of anything I might have changed in the program or Windows settings to cause this. Anyone have any ideas?
kbutler6il

Re: DLNA stops playing after first track

Post by kbutler6il »

I wish I could help. I have the same problem! I have never been able to successfully stream a whole album or playlist. Sometimes I can't get past the first song.
I've tried WI-FI and ethernet connections.
The receiver and PC are connected to a wi-fi router with ethernet ports.
Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit
MM version 4.1.10.1778
Receiver is Yamaha RXV-671
Comcast Xfinity gateway
ASUS RT-N56U.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log (step 4b) capturing this to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
apaloosa

Post by apaloosa »

Is there a solution on this?
It happen to me too.

windows 10
with Pioneer VSX-1023

and it never worked after the first song even on windows 7.

MM says : ''VSX-1023 is turn off or inaccessible'' after the first song stops.
Azuron

Post by Azuron »

Got the same Problem!

Bought an Airlino device some days ago, together with a Nubert AS 250.

While streaming musik from my Android device via the mediamonkey app works great through the airlino, streaming via my PC stops after one track... :/

after re installing my whole mediamonkey it works 1 time then stops again.

and the device isnt being recognized in " play to xxx" only the internal player

Please help
Azuron

Post by Azuron »

Azuron wrote:Got the same Problem!

While streaming musik from my Android device via the mediamonkey app works great through the airlino, streaming via my PC stops after one track... :/

Please help

just after i wrote this entry it worked...

didnt change anything actually,
Azuron

Post by Azuron »

Azuron wrote:
Azuron wrote:Got the same Problem!

Please help

just after i wrote this entry it worked...

didnt change anything actually,

Update: Stopped after 3rd song...

Posting my "setup?" below

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
PaulEast

Post by PaulEast »

Yet another "plays one track and stops" case, this time with a Cyrus Streamline (not one of the listed compatibles, I accept.)
I'm new to this forum - does it ever get answers - or even explanations - on issues such as this?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

look at post http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 91#p420160 above .. lowlander asked for a debug log to be sent in but no one did that.

There are a lot of answers here .. especially when the users give them something to work with .. like version # and other relevant information. So create a log as in the post says and you should get some help
Peke

Post by Peke »

+1 for dtsig explanation.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
napoca

Post by napoca »

Hello,

I have the same issue .

Setup:
MMW version 4.114.1813 installed on a PC running Windows 10 Pro (build 14393.222).
DLNA server installed as a service.
Music library on a NAS connected to my local network via router with ethernet ports.
Pioneer SC-71 receiver.

I tried to create a debug log file as instructed here:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69

Now my receiver cannot see the MM server anymore so I am unable to reproduce the situation.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Have you looked at http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... lna-server why Pioneer do not see MMW.

Also try to use it without service and if that helps try to reinstall MMW Service as sometimes Windows uses different Credentials for service. Have seen that some Windows updates trigger that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
napoca

Post by napoca »

Hi Peke,

Thank you for your answer.

I apology if I failed to make myself clear. What happened is this:

- I installed the debug version of the MMW as instructed.
- After the installation none of my receivers (I have an SC-71 and VSX-1122k) can see my MM server. Both display "please wait..." message forever.
- All these happened after I had installed MM debug version. Prior to that, the server was visible, but with the original issue present - stops playing after 2 or 3 tracks. I checked everything in firewall, no issues there. Uninstalled the service, no help. Installed back, checked the log on account and password, checked firewall settings, everything OK.

To answer your question: Yes, I had looked at that page before I posted.

I did research and tried to troubleshoot myself as much as my limited knowledge allowed me, before posting. I have been having the problem with MM DLNA server for months. I saw the thread I thought I could help trying to create a debug log file, as I understood nobody did it yet. That triggered more problems. I simply don't know what to do next, I have to admit I am frustrated and tired, I spent my weekend trying to troubleshoot something that pretty much all other players I tried can do (WMP, foobar etc.). I love this player and have been using this for 10 years, but had started to wear me down.

The last thing I can do now is to reinstall everything from scratch. and start over. If provided with detailed instruction on how to create a debug file I would be more than happy to do that. Btw, there is a ticket I submitted yesterday (HWQ-512-35505) with a file attached, although I am not sure that catches the problem).

Thank you
zalmoxe

Post by zalmoxe »

I did a little experiment: same system with two different MM servers, one running in Windows 7 and the other one in Windows 10.

As somebody suggested in other thread, I changed the output plugin to WaveOut and increased the buffer. I did this because I noticed that when one track was over and next track was supposed to start, the buffer went from 100 to 0 and the track failed to start, so I thought that might be the problem. I am still not sure if this makes any difference.

The results:

MM server running under Windows 7 has no problem.
MM server running under Windows 10 stops playing after first track.

So, to make things clearer, the only difference between the given situations is the operating system: Windows 7 versus Windows 10, and the conclusion seems to be obvious. The combination of Windows 10 version 1607 and MMW 4.1.14.1843 doesn't work yet.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you send in a debug log to Support as suggested above?