Using Phone as kind of a "wifispeaker"

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

smoerebroed

Using Phone as kind of a "wifispeaker"

Post by smoerebroed »

Hey everybody,

I got the following problem. I want to use my phone (android) to play to the music, that is currently playing on my computer. For example: My Pc running MediaMonkey is in my living room but I am in the kitchen. Can I stream the music to my phone? I know I can access my database and everything I share via Servers. But what I intend to do is choose my mobile device as Player.
My plan is to connect my phone to the music system in the kitchen and listen to the same music as in the living room?

Is this possible?
Lowlander

Re: Using Phone as kind of a "wifispeaker"

Post by Lowlander »

No, with MediaMonkey it's currently not possible to stream the same content to multiple clients at a time.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I think I'm looking for same thing but just in case there is another solution...
I want to access my library remotely and play through different speakers in the house.
Having the audio stream to the device would be the best solution as I could then just use bluetooth from the device to stream to the speakers wherever I am in the house. It seems from the answer above that MM cant do that.

Using DNLA/UPNP works but.....I can't rate my tracks using this method.

Is there a 3rd way where I can listen remotely AND rate tracks.

Didn't a really old version of a "remote" app allow you to listen through the phone??
bensynnock

Post by bensynnock »

smoerebroed wrote:Hey everybody,

I got the following problem. I want to use my phone (android) to play to the music, that is currently playing on my computer. For example: My Pc running MediaMonkey is in my living room but I am in the kitchen. Can I stream the music to my phone? I know I can access my database and everything I share via Servers. But what I intend to do is choose my mobile device as Player.
My plan is to connect my phone to the music system in the kitchen and listen to the same music as in the living room?

Is this possible?
There's an app available for android called Soundwire that does this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e&hl=en_GB
bensynnock

Post by bensynnock »

richiefinger wrote:I think I'm looking for same thing but just in case there is another solution...
I want to access my library remotely and play through different speakers in the house.
Having the audio stream to the device would be the best solution as I could then just use bluetooth from the device to stream to the speakers wherever I am in the house. It seems from the answer above that MM cant do that.

Using DNLA/UPNP works but.....I can't rate my tracks using this method.

Is there a 3rd way where I can listen remotely AND rate tracks.

Didn't a really old version of a "remote" app allow you to listen through the phone??
I was running a setup for a while using several raspberry pis running raspbmc (which is now called kodi) which includes an airplay emulator, then using airfoil on my PC together with an adroid remote control for MM and an app called Airfoil Commander, which lets you control airfoil remotely.