Playlist folders

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Desaster83

Playlist folders

Post by Desaster83 »

Good morning everyone,

I'm facing a problem concerning playlists via UPNP. Im not pretty sure it's a MM problem, might be a general problem of how UPNP clients use playlists as well.
Ok, so I use Media Monkey and m3u-playlists in an extra folder on Windows 10. I got all my playlists in several folders - tree structured. All playlists are in network wide valid format like "\\media\Music\'Album'\'Mp3-file'". I added all the playlist to media monkey so that they appear as "Imported playlists".
Then I created new playlists so that my Playlist tree looks something like that: "Playlists -> Artist -> Albums->Artist album 1, Artist Album 2 ...." Just tree structured.

So, and that's why Im not sure if it's a MM problem - All of these playlists work fine in MM. I can start any playlist and all songs can be played. BUT...if I connect via UPNP from Clients. For example via Windows 10 Network Multimedia devices, I can see only first level Playlists. So all playlist in MM-Folder "Playlists" are working, but I can't see any of the other level playlists.

So is this a general problem concerning the interpretation of playlists from the devices or is there any way to get that working?

Thank u very much.

Greetings
Matthias
Lowlander

Re: Playlist folders

Post by Lowlander »

Try some other DLNA capable software, the multiple levels of Playlists folders should be seen.