Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

SeeVee

Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Post by SeeVee » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:15 pm

The album art no longer shows on the car screen in android auto when in the mediamonkey app.

Binary07

Re: Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Post by Binary07 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 pm

I am having the same issue. Seems to have started with the latest Android Auto update. Other media players are showing album art properly.

Peke

Re: Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Post by Peke » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi,
Looks like Google changed many things in AA. We are investigating the changes.

Some info on change can be read here https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/181 ... istraction
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add Images to forum

aag

Artwork fails in Android Auto

Post by aag » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi,

After trying a good 6-10 apps, I'm finding MMA the only app even remotely usable with Android Auto. There is room for improvement, but it is heads and shoulders ahead of anyone else -- great job, guys!

Two things bother me:
- No artwork is shown on the car's screen. The music was synced to the phone using MMW, and artwork is visible in the app / on the phone. I've seen screenshots where an artwork is present, so not sure what is it I'm doing that's causing the problem.
- There doesn't seem to be a way to easily use voice control. Sure, something like "Play Jethro Tull's Aqualung with Media Monkey" seems to work, about 50% of a time, with the rest Assistant trying to make "Media Monkey" part of the title, and land me in Google Play Music or YouTube music. But even when it works, I end up on the relevant track, not relevant album.
Is there a plan for MMA to be recognized by Google Assistant as a Music service provider?

Thanks!