REQ: Bluetooth (AD2P/AVRCP 1.3+) track informations [#10135]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

zombiefly

Re: REQ: Bluetooth (AD2P/AVRCP 1.3+) track informations [#10

Post by zombiefly »

will give it a test tomorrow morning and report back :)
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

I see that the latest build should support text information over bluetooth.

Well it dosent work for me on:

Galaxy s3 jellybean 4.1.1.

It work fine with player pro.

Is it possible to add a build number somewhere so i can check if the update worked.

Basically i uninstalled and clicked on the new apk.

Thanja
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

x-cimo wrote:Is it possible to add a build number somewhere so i can check if the update worked.

Basically i uninstalled and clicked on the new apk.

Thanja
In MMA, go to Settings --> "About MediaMonkey" and it will tell you the build number there. Version 1.0.1.0075 is the most recent.
--
The gpzbc
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

tested this yesterday quite extensively.. not good news i'm afraid. :cry:

1. there is still no track ID info being sent to the head unit.
2. I still have the same weird behavior with with tracks randomly stopping on the head unit (but still playing on phone) and after playing one track, the next doesn't play via the head unit until I reselect BT as the source.

All of this functionality works 100% with either PlayerPro or Apollo.
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

have there been any further fixes to this in the latest builds?

for me BT streaming is broken completely, there was a support item created but as far as I can tell it's not yet been revisited. As I use BT streaming all the time, so i can't yet test the MMA player on the phone, i'm having to use PlayerPro.

do you know roughly when you'll be looking at the Bluetooth fixes?
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

further update on latest version [MMA 1.0.1.0095]

After pairing the device with car head unit, MMA immediately force closes (even though it wasn't actually running, so i'm presuming it started up on BT pair?). I can manually start it again, then on starting playing a track, it immediately stops. pressing pause/play in MMA does nothing. Head until says "paused" but this is likely a generic message when connected but nothing is happening.

I've tried just about everything I can to get MMA to play over bluetooth, In earlier builds it would play something, but not any more.

If i use appollo/Player Pro, everything works as it should. This is somewhat disappointing :cry: Being able to play media over BT is pretty basic functionality for a phone app IMHO, i look forward to the day this works as I use BT all the time, so I am unable to use MMA for playing media from my phone and as a result my testing feedback is currently limited.
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

For me it still work, however the song info still don't display on my car stereo.
mcow

Post by mcow »

fwiw, I've been playing with BT in my car for days. I have infrquently seen the "Paused" that won't undo from the head unit, so I have to open the app and Play from there.
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

Latest version claim improvement on this topic.

For me the track info still dont show on my car radio
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

No luck here either :(
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

same here (when using a rom based on 4.2.1 that supports avrcp 1.3)

i've now moved to a rom based on android 4.2.2, which doesn't even support avrcp 1.3, which is disappointing
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

Anyone know how to update the mantis? Not sure if they read this thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

only developers can update company's list of fixes and errors.

yes they do read the forum also. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

ok, it seems when using Cyanogen based 10.1 (android 4.2.1) roms, I was having problems with BT connectivity to my car head unit. Sometimes it wouldn't play at all over BT, if it did, tracks would end and the next wouldn't start... The track info etc never worked. If i used player pro or any other players, everything worked as expected.

Now, i've moved to CM10.2 ROM, which is android 4.2.2 which has a new bluetooth stack (changed by google). Bizarrely, they never implemented AVRCP 1.3 in 4.2.2, however i'm reliably informed that the stack DOES support it, as well as AVRCP 1.4.... Some bits are missing though, so it isn't currently possible to get AVRCP working at all on 4.2.2 roms.

It seems though, under 4.2.2, MMA is working flawlessly as far as streaming goes. It has been working without issue for 4 days now.....
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

Im on 4.1.1 and it dosent will work. It works fine in player pro.