[REQ] Play next [#10192]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

nerbrume

[REQ] Play next [#10192]

Post by nerbrume »

Hi,
Thanks for this player, it's on the way to become my main player on my phone.
One request, thought : would it be possible to add a "Play next" feature ? By this I mean inserting the selected tracks to the now playing list right after the current playing track. I know it is already possible to add them at the end of the now playing list.
Ideally, I would love to have this feature as a direct access button (for example, in place of the IMHO useless "set ringtone" button), but I could understand this to be a peculiar (and not so much needed by others) feature.
Thanks !
jiri

Re: [REQ] Play next

Post by jiri »

I'd definitely be for adding such a feature, since it's already in MMW. That said, I'd like to be careful with adding new commands, since phone UI only has a very limited space and so adding a new command means that another command has to go to the overflow menu. I wonder, what do you think, is it ok to move some commands to require one more click? Or make Play commands to require one more click (i.e. to has just one Play command that would pop-up all the 3 versions of Play)?

Jiri
canedha

Post by canedha »

imho the "set as ringtone" button could be put into a subfolder... the play buttons are more essential and frequently used :)
nerbrume

Post by nerbrume »

Well, I think the play button must stay "1 click". An option would be to group the 2 enqueue buttons (enqueue next and enqueue at end of playlist) : both of them would be 2 click away, and no space would be wasted. But this might be confusing, UI-speaking : some buttons would then be "menus", while other are "actions"...
Best option for me of course is to have "play","enqueue next", "enqueue last" as direct-access, and putting ringtones and remove in the overflow menu.

But maybe such discussion about UI should be postponed to later, when WMA have a full set of feature. Then, a vote as to which features to keep as direct access would be interesting.
And for the time being, putting every new action in the overflow menu is enough.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I think these are good suggestions. The "set as ringtone" should be deeper in a menu, and play next / play last should be easy to find.
--
The gpzbc
mcow

Post by mcow »

"Set as ringtone" could be entirely eliminated. Lame!
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

mcow wrote:"Set as ringtone" could be entirely eliminated. Lame!
"Lame" might be a bit extreme, but I agree "Play Next" is more valuable.
--
The gpzbc
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

as i believe that people using full songs as ringtones should be removed from society and stored somewhere secure, +1 on the "set as ringtone" elimination/demotion to sub menu :lol: :wink:
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
rusty

Re: [REQ] Play next [#10192]

Post by rusty »

I don't know about the ringtone internment facility, but tracking 'Play next' at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10192 ;-)

-Rusty
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thank you.
--
The gpzbc
nerbrume

Post by nerbrume »

Great, thanks !
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

No need to get rid of the ring tone feature, i've almost got my sister to use newer version of mm and its cause of the ringtone feature of mma.

And it dont matter how long the song goes over 30 seconds the phone is going to stop it there anyway and repeat it, but the call will be sent to voice mail before that anyways,

Plus use of app called ringdroid will allow you to edit size of mp3 you use for ring tone by editing to get 30 seconds of song sound bit to use.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.