Playlist Folders [#10466]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

drjohn

Playlist Folders [#10466]

Post by drjohn »

I am not sure this is a bug, but it is annoying. Annoying is OK for a beta product, though. :)

In MMW, I have several playlists as sub-playlists to just keep them organized. The top-level playlist is just a container if you will; it doesn't contain anything.

In MMA, there is no way to set it to synch the sub-playlists in wifi mode. I know you can set up via USB and then it works after that. That is a bit annoying, but what really annoys is that even when doing this, the wifi sync puts the empty top-level 'playlist' on the device and it ha to be deleted every time.

Thanks for the great product--keep up the good work! :)
rovingcowboy

Re: Playlist Folders

Post by rovingcowboy »

So sync'in through wifi does not see child playlists placed in the main sync playlist.

And setting up a device options and use of the child playlists there will sync them if you use wifi to sync the device setup, but you get the main sync playlist which is just a list used to organize the child playlists, added to the android device too.

Bothersome is not the word i'd choose.

So your request is foe mma to some how see the main sync list as just an order menu, and not add it to the android device.

Is that correct, ?

Not that i can do it or any script writer can, i just wanted to get it straight incase others wish for same thing, 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
drjohn

Post by drjohn »

That pretty much covers it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that over wifi selecting all child playlists forces the selection of the parent playlist?
drjohn

Post by drjohn »

No, if you have never connected via usb, then you can't even SEE the child lists. If you get there through usb, you can then select the child lists over wifi, but the parent list shows as an empty list. I had so many issues with this last night. (playlists not showing up after sync) that I gave up and removed all child lists (made them upper level)...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Even when setting up sync in MediaMonkey for Windows the wifi sync will sync the parent folders (that aren't selected to sync) of any child folder (selected to sync).

Added as: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10466
drjohn

Re: Playlist Folders [#10466]

Post by drjohn »

And leave an empty playlist that has to be manually deleted...