[REQ] wake up timer

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

[REQ] wake up timer

Post by rovingcowboy »

Some Android clocks and apps that have ability to play music on timer use playlists and act as a front for the default system installed player which handles the playing of the list.
So some how mm has to take over as the system default sound handler even though it was not intertwined with the system files?
Doing that should then allow for non mm generated m3u lists to be played by mm. 8)

I have need of a wake up alarm that plays music, all i find on the google play store are apps that use this playlist style.

So having m3u lists that mma does not generate be played by mma is what i think would be the best way to cover all versions of andriod and still do this alarm,
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] wake up timer

Post by Lowlander »

I'd like to both have an Alarm and Sleep for MediaMonkey. So far I've found Sleep Timer which does work with MediaMonkey. As alarm I've found Alarm Clock Xtreme Free which has the ability to start an App, however having it start MediaMonkey does not start Playback. I've had to set it to play a Playlist as alarm.

The Sleep solution works okay for me (still prefer it to be an integrated solution), but for Alarm I'd really like a build in solution as I'd like to be able to set a UPnP Playlist as my Alarm Playlist (with a local playlist as fall back option). Unless someone knows of an Alarm app that can use a UPnP shared Playlist.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Thanks i'll check out sleep timer.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Lowlander wrote:I'd like to both have an Alarm and Sleep for MediaMonkey. So far I've found Sleep Timer which does work with MediaMonkey. As alarm I've found Alarm Clock Xtreme Free which has the ability to start an App, however having it start MediaMonkey does not start Playback. I've had to set it to play a Playlist as alarm.

The Sleep solution works okay for me (still prefer it to be an integrated solution), but for Alarm I'd really like a build in solution as I'd like to be able to set a UPnP Playlist as my Alarm Playlist (with a local playlist as fall back option). Unless someone knows of an Alarm app that can use a UPnP shared Playlist.
Does this still work? If so, how?

I get the option to play songs randomly from a playlist. I don't want random just hear the playlist in order. Is that possible? Additionally; when I do click to select playlist it goes to a search but the app never finds anything.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Onweerwolf wrote:
Lowlander wrote:I'd like to both have an Alarm and Sleep for MediaMonkey. So far I've found Sleep Timer which does work with MediaMonkey. As alarm I've found Alarm Clock Xtreme Free which has the ability to start an App, however having it start MediaMonkey does not start Playback. I've had to set it to play a Playlist as alarm.

Does this still work? If so, how?

I get the option to play songs randomly from a playlist. I don't want random just hear the playlist in order. Is that possible? Additionally; when I do click to select playlist it goes to a search but the app never finds anything.
i've opted to just use "system scheduler" 3rd party program, and set it to start mm and then a minute later i use it to start a mm script from peke, to start mm playing music. works for me, wasnt what i wanted to do but since i'm playing music in the computer from 430 am to 10 pm i just have my radio be the alarm clock, if i need up earlier i use my phone's alarm and have it play a song..
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

This is the Android forum. The stuff you're talking about is for desktops.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Not sure that it will work for you but I know I've made miracles with https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cher&hl=en
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts