Music on external card not recognized [#10966]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Music on external card not recognized [#10966]

Post by Lowlander »

I synced some songs to the external card via wifi (MMA 130/MMW 1638) to a Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000). However the music isn't recognized:
1) On MMA Artist/Tracks/etc. don't recognize the songs on the external card, internal card songs are shown
2) Folders > Library doesn't recognize the files on the external card, External Card and files are shown in Files
3) MMW doesn't recognize files in Music on device, files are shown in Folders.
4) Synced Playlist is always empty (either wifi or USB sync).

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10986
MPicconatto

Re: Music on external card not recognized

Post by MPicconatto »

I am having the same problem on my Samsung S3.

I can go into options and manually select External SD Card under "Choose Library Folders."

Media Monkey then has to reload the tracks off the external card.

When the program closes, it forgets the collection, and no music is selected the next time the program opens.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Same Problem here for 2 days with my s3
rusty

Post by rusty »

Can any of you please confirm whether this still occurs with build 133 ?

Some changes were made in recent builds in this area, and I can't replicate the problem on my S3 (i.e. on my S3, if I click Folders/storage/extSDCard all tracks that have been synced to that location appear--regardless of whether the location is selected in 'Choose library folders'--the files are automatically included because they're a sync destination). Moreover, any config changes to 'Choose library folders' _do_ persist.

EDIT: There is a bug in build 133 re. incompatibility with settings from build 130. This will be fixed in build 134.

Thanks.

-Rusty
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I still have this issue with the latest update, Build 136
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Rusty, on 136 I am still seeing external media not being recognized. Turns out that if i go to settings, Options, Choose Library folders only Internal is checked. I then checked external and it read in all the bits. I listened in shuffle mode for couple hundred miles.

I just turned MMA back on and there are no tracks available. Options, Choose Library folders only shows internal again. Shuffle is also forgotten.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

Are you sure that MMW profile do not disable external Storage? I have checked on both phones that have external card and could not replicate in 136?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Peke wrote:Are you sure that MMW profile do not disable external Storage? I have checked on both phones that have external card and could not replicate in 136?
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean with mmw Profile, i do not sinc to mma if that's what you talking about
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Peke wrote:Are you sure that MMW profile do not disable external Storage? I have checked on both phones that have external card and could not replicate in 136?
Peke, i to am unsure what you mean. For my post this is not about sync or use of MMW. MMA does not remember the folders i select and does not remember that I had it on shuffle. Not sure how MMW comes into play ... or how do you disable external storage from mmw
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

MMA 136 - Forgets setting and Music Library

Post by dtsig »

I was replying on a different topic but it appears that that topic is dead. But this problem is not dead. Almost everytime i start MMA up there are no tracks and the External Card setting is not checked.

In the link above there was a question about MMW resetting MMA but I have no idea where such a setting would be NOR would i ever set such a setting.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW go to Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Device and make sure the external card profile is not disabled and in its options Grant remote sync/access rights to the MediaMonkey is not disabled.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Sorry, I can't find Grant remote sync/access rights to the MediaMonkey is not disabled in MMW Options/on the external Card Profile

EDIT: The Problem is even there if I don't plug in my phone to my Laptop with MMW, so I don't understand how this solution should work for me
Last edited by MaximusPrime on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MaximusPrime wrote:Sorry, I can't find Grant remote sync/access rights to the MediaMonkey is not disabled in MMW Options/on the external Card Profile
Are you unable to find it (make sure you're using MediaMonkey 4.1 beta) or is it not disabled?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:In MMW go to Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Device and make sure the external card profile is not disabled and in its options Grant remote sync/access rights to the MediaMonkey is not disabled.
In 'Available Devices/Plug-Ins' there are 2 Samsung Galaxy S3 and 1 SCH-I535 (which i believe is also the Samsung as that is what shows from windows File explorer)

One of the Samsung's and the SCH are selected. This is as I have had it as I want MMA to only look at the external. THIS HAS NOT CHANGED by my hand.

So ... if there are 2 Samsung Galaxy S3 listed .. which is which?

I will experiment with either or but as I said I have made no changes to my MMW and it was working correctly.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I selected the second Samsung also ... the in the nodes the first one now shows the tracks and the added one at the bottom does not show tracks.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig